Which Cube Bike to go for?

WoodsRider
WoodsRider Posts: 24
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello everyone,
I am looking into definitely getting a cube bike, most likely a 2012 one as they can be had for a decent price! The two I am considering, are the Cube AMS 110 Pro (Full-Sus) and the Cube Reaction Pro (Hardtail), but if anyone can recommend other cube bikes, I'm more than open to suggestions! :)

My kind of riding is xc/trails in and around the woods and around Dalby forest occasionally, so I would need a suitable bike for this! I have a h/t at the minute, but I am open to getting a f/s, is it needed?

Thanks, Pat :mrgreen:

Comments

• andhr
    andhr Posts: 88
    Hi Pat,

I'm a recent purchaser of an AMS 150 Pro, it was actually heavily discounted due to end of season, but I had to barter too! I may be suffering from buyers glee, but it's certainly a great bike. With the only different being rear shock travel it depends wholly on where you're going to ride it - the pro range is very well spec'd for the price though!
  • Hi,
    thanks for the help! I do reallly like the look of the AMS Pro range, and I think 150mm of travel might just be a bit too much for what. With regards to the Cube Reaction Pro, any thoughts? Or has anyone ridden, or got one of these? Also any thoughts on the spec of this bike?

Thanks again for the help, it is greatly appreciated,

Pat

3bdee3329a.jpg
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Ams pro
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • andhr
    I've not tried a Cube hardtail. If you think the 150 might be too much travel the AMS 130 Pro is a great spec and available new for around £1400 - I'll find a link if you're struggling on price.

To be fair Cube specs all seem quite good. The Reaction Pro spec is very similar to the AMS from what I can see. If you're torn between hardtail and full sus though, I'd suggest riding both to get a comparison.
  • Thank again for the help, it so much better coming from someone such as yourself, who actually owns and has experienced this range of bikes! I think I have decided on a full suspension form the AMS range, it just which one? I've had a look at the AMS 130 Pro, and it looks very nice as well! Here are the two bikes I am thinking of, but any other cube bikes would be greatly accepted! Between these two, which one has the best spec? Thank you!

CUBE AMS 110 PRO:

ams-110-pro_01.jpg

Spec: http://www.cube.eu/au/full/pro/ams-110-pro/
  • andhr
    Might be worth getting another opinion, but they're almost the same spec with the important difference being the forks - 110 having Fox forks, the 130 having the RockShox Revelation. The 150 has the revelation and they seem great to me, but some people prefer the Fox ones.

Also, the difference depends on where you're riding it, as it's primarily down to rear shock travel 110mm vs 130mm....
  • andhr
    In either case make sure you understand how the rear shock works, as you can limit its movement for climbs which is great! Likewise with the revelation forks.
  • Thanks again. I think I am going to have a look and try out an AMS 110 Pro! So I take it that the shock and fork can be locked out, because that would definitely be handy for me to get to where I ride, via the road! Thank you, Pat.