track pump question

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited August 2012 in MTB general
can i fit a shrader adapter to a track pump its the normal bog standard presta valve thing?
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Depends on the head design - most are reversible anyway, and you can certainly get valve adaptors.
  • sigorman85
    sweet cheers
    just seen a few on flee bay any you would recomend?
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I've never seen a track pump that doesn't adapt to both. But you can get adapters that fit the valves. Rubbish though.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    brilliant any brands i should look out for?

• cooldad
    What, pump (assumed you had one by your post) or adapter, which are generally little brass things costing about a quid on Ebay. I don't think they are branded.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Dirt cheap crappy Halfords job is mine and works with both valve types. Pretty much looks like any generic track pump. Works fine. Don't rely on the gauge though, on any pump. Just use your fingers to judge how much pressure the tyres have in them.
  • sigorman85
    hmmm lol ...yes cool dad one of them brass things that i got ripped off bye a bike shop for one as needed it asap .....cheek off it he pulled it out of his toolbox i paid 4quid for but needed asap

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So what i the damn pump you have now.

Judt about eveyone in the last 10 years will work with either valves.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sigorman85
    i dont have one was looking at one

• cooldad
    Like dragging teeth.
    Ebay - hundreds. Will handle both valves. Beto are cheap and work fine.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    Brought it now cheers

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Brought to where? :P
  • sigorman85
    U no what I ment lol

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Yes, but it is better to speak English, and themz the rulz.
  • Lidl. Fiver. Does both. And balls and airbeds.
  • sigorman85
    Just got it cheers

• You've bought 2 track pumps now?
  • sigorman85
    yep got to have a back up

• Lol okayyyyy then