Another unbelievable today post!

essjaydee
essjaydee Posts: 917
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
Had another 'interesting' experience today with 2 motorcyclist!

Out with club and there were 17 of us split into 2 groups. Travelling along an A road wich was fairly busy, and cars where filtering past us. We were riding single file, and 2 motorcycles slowly filtered past, but obviously frustrated at lack of progress. On getting to the front of the group, they both pulled in beside each other and braked hard. We were travelling approx 18-20mph at the time. Group had to brake hard and stop, but 1 didn't and went arse over tit & hit the ground quite hard. Fortunately only grazed.

We got the reg no and have reported it.

Hope you all had an incident free ride ;-)

Comments

• You don't get much luck do you!
  • I don't think I'll ever go cycling in Blackpool!
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    essjaydee wrote:

Out with club and there were 17 of us split into 2 groups. Travelling along an A road wich was fairly busy, and cars where filtering past us. We were riding single file, and 2 motorcycles slowly filtered past, but obviously frustrated at lack of progress. On getting to the front of the group, they both pulled in beside each other and braked hard. We were travelling approx 18-20mph at the time. Group had to brake hard and stop, but 1 didn't and went ars* over tit & hit the ground quite hard. Fortunately only grazed.

Oh, right...

I'm beginning to get the picture.

Turns out the postman was probably right.
  • jim453 wrote:
    Oh, right...

I'm beginning to get the picture.

Turns out the postman was probably right.
    Yay me

I'm printing this and framing it.
    It doesn't happen too often. :lol:
  • Whilst riding the WildWalesChallenge yesterday...There was a group of about 12 of us riding single file along the road. A woman in a small 4x4 tried to overtake us but had to brake sharply when a "clearly visible from miles away" car came the other way. Said 4x4 driver waited for the car to pass, then accelerated past the rear 9 riders, indicated left and turned left into a side road.She split the group, narrowly missing the rider 3rd in line and those in 4th,5th and 6th ,who in turn caused the rest of us to brake sharply. We took an impromptu vote and decided that turning left through the middle of a group of riders was perfectly acceptable because she did indicate.......
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    essjaydee wrote:

Out with club and there were 17 of us split into 2 groups. Travelling along an A road wich was fairly busy, and cars where filtering past us. We were riding single file, and 2 motorcycles slowly filtered past, but obviously frustrated at lack of progress. On getting to the front of the group, they both pulled in beside each other and braked hard. We were travelling approx 18-20mph at the time. Group had to brake hard and stop, but 1 didn't and went ars* over tit & hit the ground quite hard. Fortunately only grazed.

Maybe your motorcycling friend from the other thread has been telling some of his buddies about his brush with the law and a particular cycling club.