Well woopty doo me !!!

RandG
RandG Posts: 779
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Feeling quite smug with myself after today :lol: At the age of 48 I bought a road bike three weeks ago and with only 5 training rides I finished my first sportive today. It was the shorter route of the three being 47 miles but to do so under three hours I'm very pleased, bloody knackered but happy. 8)

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Here's a woopty doo you from me - you deserve it! 8)
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Syd_65
    Syd_65 Posts: 21
    Good going! And there was me feeling smug about my first ride in over 30 years yesterday...all of 10 miles lol. And I'm a year younger than you :)
  • Just ordered a road bike myself been 20 odd years since i was on a bike comes on wedensday cant wait to get out on the road
  • getprg
    getprg Posts: 245
    47 miles in under 3 hours - top effort - well done
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Well done there bloke :)
  • baldwin471
    baldwin471 Posts: 366
    Woopty door basil!
  • Very well done, under three hours is good going!
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Well done, but be very careful not to overdo it - training volume should really be increased gradually initially, really by no more than 10% per week MAX
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    Thanks for the comments folks.
    Secteur wrote:
    Well done, but be very careful not to overdo it - training volume should really be increased gradually initially, really by no more than 10% per week MAX

I'm aware of that and will reign things back now, I only entered as it was local and thought |I'd give it a go, so will work on my base fitness now with LSD 8)