Looking to buy my first road bike

doublem_1
doublem_1 Posts: 266
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Hi everyone.

I have been a member on here for a while but not very active at all. I have since sold my jump bike years ago. I now looking to buy a road bike to do some routes with a friend. I am looking to buy a Felt F85 at my first as it seems to be the best bang for buck, so to speak, for my price range.

Wiggle seems to be doing to good deals and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or could suggest another site to buy a bike off of. Do wiggle deliver them assembled (or part assembled)?

Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Comments

• Wiggle is as good an online retailer as any - I bought a Focus off them a couple of years ago. Personally I also use Chain Reaction Cycles, Merlin and most recently, Winstanleys. Ribble is another popular site but I have never seen them do anything cheaper than I get off the other three.

The bike will come ready assembled in a huge bike box. All you need to do is open carefully - in case you need the box to return it - straighten and tighten up the handle bars, add pedals, adjust seat post height and ride away. Wiggle helpfully include the tools you will need and very clear instructions.

Enjoy.
    Basso Astra
    Principia Ellipse SX
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro Disc
  • doublem_1
    doublem_1 Posts: 266
    Thank you for your very informative reply. I will take another look on other sites but at the moment I like the sound of Wiggle most. Would also like to order some clip in peddles at the same time.
  • Brava210
    Brava210 Posts: 64
    I have just ordered a Felt Z95 from Wiggle, looks very nice.I didn't really want to spend any more than £500 :wink:
    They come pre assembled in a special box already set up and checked.
    Looking forward to delivery
    Boardman Pro Carbon (Nowt wrong with Boardman)
    Boardman Team Hybrid
    (I need to lose weight)