Which F/S Bike?

WoodsRider
WoodsRider Posts: 24
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I am looking at getting a new bike, and this would be my first full suspension bike I have had! My riding, is occasionally rides around and up to 2 hrs, around the local woods and trails, but to get there I do have to cycle on the road for about a mile! The two bikes I have been looking at are the Cube AMS 100 Pro, and the Lapierre Zesty 314, and I would just like to get some other opinions? Thanks, Pat.

EDIT- Another bike (hardtail) possibility could be the Cube Reaction Pro?

Comments

• Hi Pat,

I was looking at the zesty 314 but went for the Canyon Nerve AM as you seem to get alot more for the money.
    the only thing is you have to order direct from Canyon in Germany.

however the bikes do seem very popular and gt very good reviews worth a look.

Martin
  • Thanks Martin :D

I have had a look at the canyon, and I kind if dismissed it for some reason, just because physically I do personally prefer the lapierre, but I have another look!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the cube bikes?

Thanks again, much appreciated,

Pat
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    cube are good bikes, but theres a hell of a difference between an AMS 100 and a zesty
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Hi Chez, thanks for the response, I dont know if it makes any difference, but I meant the Cube AMS 110 Pro? As with the Zesty, I think it weighs a little more, so what would you (or anyone else?) say is better about the 314?

Another few questions, as this would be my first f/s bike, would people say it is better for trails/xc, or should I be looking at getting a hardtail? Also what about maintainance costs/services etc? Some of the cube h/t bikes seem appealing? Thank you, to everyone for the help!

Pat
  • andhr
    andhr Posts: 88
    If the Zesty is the full price, about 1900 quid, that would put almost all the AMS range in your budget. Take a look at www.cube.eu, but bear in mind they have suggested retail prices and not the price at most stores which is usually a fair bit cheaper.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    the zesty and ams110 are very different bikes, a zesty is a 140mm AM bike while the ams is a 110mm xc/trail bike. A ams 130/ 150 would be more like a zesty...
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.