Comments

• I use udderly smooth http://www.amazon.co.uk/Udderly-Smooth- ... 581&sr=8-3

good stuff and a decent sized pot
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Sudocreme will do the job but it is Oiler and stickier than a made for the job chamois cream.

I have settled on Assos Chamois cream. I like the consistency and it works. Mate uses and swears by Butt Butter. He only bought it cos he liked the name of the product but he has stuck with it.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    +1 for udderly !
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Assos.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Udderly is half the price of Assos & you get twice as much

But you need 4 times as much for it to be effective
  • rando
    rando Posts: 285
    Another +1 for udderly.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Assos... without a doubt.... 4 hours non stop on the turbo has proven to me its worth in the last week.
    However, shorter rides, then Body Butter is a cheaper alternative from the supermarket.
    Sudocreme is just too thick and oily and is just too old school even for me.. things have progressed.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    + loads, assos ....
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    +assos
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    butt'r or assos, don't use my udderly since getting a tub of butt'r.

Got some free assos with some shorts, served me well on ironman so must be good.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I prefer Assos to Udderly. It's thicker and smells nicer and I like the slightly tingly menthol feeling. Assos has proved its worth on two occasions when I did three-week tours across France with no rest days. But it is expensive. My wife keeps borrowing it as face cream - says it makes her skin really smooth and is cheaper than many face creams!

I've also found that Germolene cream and Savlon cream are good to prevent saddle soreness and to stop little spots turning into boils. They both work well as chamois creme and as antiseptic post-ride treatment.

Trying to save money, I've experimented with some Boots intensive foot softener (I use it for running) and it makes a really effective chamois creme. It's a bit thicker than Assos, stays put for much longer and leaves a slightly slippery layer on the skin surface, as well as smelling nice. In fact, I reckon it's probably the best stuff I've tried yet for chamois creme.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    If you want a nice smelling one then Rapha is your friend, performs the same as Assos
  • I bought a tub of Assos from my LBS after recommendations on here, but I was also given some Butt'r sample sachets to try out on the recommendation of the shop assistant. Having tried both of them a couple of times, I don't really think there's much of a difference between them.

Given that the Butt'r is cheaper and comes in a bigger tub, I'll probably be buying that next time.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Assos.

By the way, if you go to the US, you can go to any good chemist (CVS / Walgreens or even Publix) and buy big tubs of the udderly cream for about £3 each (bigger than the tubs above).

I think it was invented for cows udders originally, then marketed as a moisturising cream for breasts (!!) and more recently as a chamois cream.

The misses has about 6 large tubs of it, but she won't let me try it!

See here:
    http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/ ... uId=211718

Wash udder and teat parts thoroughly with clean water and soap before each milking to avoid contamination of milk. Use clean individual towels for this purpose. Apply to the udder after each milking, massaging into the skin. For teat cracks apply in sufficient quantity to fill crack and cover surrounding area. Apply uniformly to chafed area and bruises to maintain skin suppleness. For aid in softening swollen udders following calving, apply liberally twice daily with gentle massage. May be used for chapped or chafed skin.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Vaseline.Old school.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.