Deliberately pushed over by passing car

alanp23
alanp23 Posts: 696
edited August 2012 in The cake stop
http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/morons-south-yorkshire-cyclist-badly-injured-after-push-from-car-yob-1-4867609

Don't know anyone else heard about this. A friend of mine was in the chain gang when this happened. One of the riders was pushed over by a yob leaning out of a passing car. He went down heavily and took most of the group with him.

He is now recovering in hospital with a broken collar bone, three broken ribs and a punctured lung.

They think someone got the registration number so hopefully....
Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016

Comments

• random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I hope he gets well soon - some people just don't deserve to be out unsupervised :roll:
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    the comments left on these sort of articles always makes me think that the general non cycling public must view cyclists as some sort of sub humans.

i hope your mate get's well soon, i hope corsa boy has to share a cell with a serial bu mmer.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    No hope for the human race...

Wishing your buddy a speedy recovery.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    big p wrote:
    the comments left on these sort of articles always makes me think that the general non cycling public must view cyclists as some sort of sub humans.
    It's the sub-humans who are leaving the comments.
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    Utter morons :shock:
  • Hope your mate recovers soon.

I was riding along today and recieved a sh1t load of abuse from four numpties in a car for no reason what-so-ever. They pulled into a pub car park 100yds up the road. I'd have loved to jus have given them a piece of my mind, it's just not worth it, the brain dead tw@ts.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    edited August 2012
    Many years ago i was out for a spin along with my club mate and this car was blowing the horn and somebody shouting effing this and that, came past us and swerved into my mate causing him to crash....dunno if it was adrenaline but he got on his bike sprinted faster than Cipollini up ahead the car was in traffic stuck in the traffic lights...he caught up opened the driver's door and battered the driver senseless...a passing bus driver stopped and had to pull him off...Maybe that's Glasgow revenge style for you. it does make you feel better tho :D .. Hope your mate gets well soon and they get the buggers who did it.
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    Thanks for the kind words. He is a friend of a friend, but I will pass them on.

Not sure of the Police situation. In my mind though, someone leaning out of a car and pushing over a cyclist who is travelling at speed, sounds like some sort of GBH. Hopefully there will be appropriate action taken.
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Had a wee incident in our local village Co-op; in walks roadie in full gear, goes up to young lad (ned) in queue and decks him in front of the whole shop. Ned boy in the standard issue Citreon Saxo, had just about wiped this guy out in the bends approaching the village...

Frank - you not tempted to circle back when the lads were in the pub and let down their tyres...
  • Funnily enough that thought never occured to me. I'm too nicer chap. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Had a wee incident in our local village Co-op; in walks roadie in full gear, goes up to young lad (ned) in queue and decks him in front of the whole shop. Ned boy in the standard issue Citreon Saxo, had just about wiped this guy out in the bends approaching the village...

Frank - you not tempted to circle back when the lads were in the pub and let down their tyres...
    Funnily enough that thought never occured to me. I'm too nicer chap. :lol:

This is why I love this forum.. gives me ideas for if something similar ever happens to me !