Feed stations, how long is a piece of string ?

RandG
RandG Posts: 779
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Doing my first ever Sportive on Sunday, shortest route as I'm new to it all and not particularly well prepared, however, I'm going to give it my best shot :roll:

Anyway, and as per the title, how long do you spend at feed stations ?? Long enough to get what you need ? Stop for a chat/lie down etc ? Is it 5 mins/ 10 mins etc

How long is a piece of string ??

Comments

• kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
    I don't tend to stay to long max 10-15 mins a quick water top up, a bite to eat or not and a much needed toilet break!!. If you stay to long you begin to seize up :shock: . Good luck Sunday and enjoy.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    Exactly. My first sportive (54 miles) I didn't stop, didn't feel like I needed to.
    2nd sportive, 102 miles, a friend had a puncture at 20 miles so had already stopped for 10 mins so didn't stop at the first feed station. Stopped at the 2nd one (68 miles) for 20 minutes because I was knackered.

See how you feel, dont stop or stop for as short a time as you can IF you are aiming for a good time. If the time is not important to you, stop longer and have a chat, enjoy the day.