Can i pull up a chair ?

uncle bob
uncle bob Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all..new to the forum, so many questions but i wont blast in with them all :D . I've had a cheap Falcom MTB for the last 11 years and go out on it every so often just to blow the cobwebs away.
I look at my old bike and know the time has come for a replacement , Hybrid is the direction i wish to go, I've looked at the Halfords Boardman comp & Carrera, Also Cannondale quick cx4, i've decided on a Trek 7.2 fx Disc, am i making a good choice ?
Hope you can advise ,
Bob.

Comments

• wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    Depending on what you plan to do with it, I think most people here would suggest a road bike rather than a hybrid. If you're only going to ride on the roads for fun and fitness, why compromise?

If you're commuting in all weathers or riding towpaths, then hybrids have their place. I began with one myself, but soon found myself hankering after something designed for speed and distance.

Edit: You're unlikely to go wrong with a bike from any of the big manufacturers.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Yep sorry didn't reply initially cos you asked about hybrids. As said road bikes are probably more popular on here.-why compromise with that flat bar nonsense :mrgreen:
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • If you want a hybrid get a hybrid! There are some beauties out there. :wink:
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6