I don't believe DDD is banned and never will

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,316
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
whatchatalkinabout.jpg
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    But Seb Coe is working on getting him banned by planting illicit avocado's in his bag
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Paul E wrote:
    But Seb Coe is working on getting him banned by planting illicit avocado's in his bag
    And ginseng, dont forget the ginseng!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • He was great as a Junior and espoir, it was when he moved up into the 'big league' that the trouble began. He wasn't getting the results and the pressure built up. He started in a small way, odd comments and opinions on mundane threads but all too soon he was off the rails, ranting about endless affronts to his dignity and status. I, fondly, remember him as night errant, challenging the dark forces of various Gregs and other communters; the Morpeth Mafia et al.

Perhaps it the lack of sleep? Let us hope he can be saved from himself.
    'fool'
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,961
    4 or 5 people alleged that DDD was being offensive.

But DDD is the most frequently posted member and no offence has ever been proved.

DDD has not contested the ban but maintains that he has never offended anyone.
  • Paul E
    Fact was he was saying libelous things about Seb Coe which could get Bikeradar into a heap of sh1t, maybe that's why, nothing to do with being offensive
  • First.Aspect
    Paul E wrote:
    Fact was he was saying libelous things about Seb Coe which could get Bikeradar into a heap of sh1t, maybe that's why, nothing to do with being offensive
    No, he was making an analogy - if you think X, why don't you think Y.

Someone made the same point on 5 live at about 11 last night. And yes, Seb Coe was used as an example. So was Usain Bolt. Its called debate. 5 Live still seems to be on air.

You lot aren't journalists. Or lawyers. Don't try to be.
  • tailwindhome
    Paul E wrote:

If that were the reason the Mods would have deleted those posts, no?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Paul E
    Paul E wrote:

Someone made the same point on 5 live at about 11 last night. And yes, Seb Coe was used as an example. So was Usain Bolt. Its called debate. 5 Live still seems to be on air.

What he said he said he wrote as fact, he didn't put it any other way, he said Seb Coe set up Linford Christie and that was a fact that was well known. Sorry but that is libel.

Don't try and dress it up that he was making an anaolgy
  • First.Aspect
    Paul E wrote:
    Paul E wrote:

What he said he said he wrote as fact, he didn't put it any other way, he said Seb Coe set up Linford Christie and that was a fact that was well known. Sorry but that is libel.

Don't try and dress it up that he was making an anaolgy
    Was that why he was banned then? Put a link up and lets all see. You are running the risk of libeling DDD, you see.
    Did you every see that South Park episode, with the case of Everyone vs. Everyone?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Paul E wrote:

He did say that - he even capitalised 'fact'. However, all he was doing was repeating the words of Linford Christie.
    OK, shame that he reports Linfords personal opinion as a fact and seems to choose to believe it unquestionably but, if it is libel, then neither Bike Radar nor the Evening Standard seem concerned about retaining it online.

And there's a lot more bannings, temp or otherwise, to be done if we want to be consistent. Eg all those people who said Lance was on drugs before yesterday :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • First.Aspect
    Rolf F wrote:
    Paul E wrote:

He did say that - he even capitalised 'fact'. However, all he was doing was repeating the words of Linford Christie.
    OK, shame that he reports Linfords personal opinion as a fact and seems to choose to believe it unquestionably but, if it is libel, then neither Bike Radar nor the Evening Standard seem concerned about retaining it online.

And there's a lot more bannings, temp or otherwise, to be done if we want to be consistent. Eg all those people who said Lance was on drugs before yesterday :wink:
    There you go.
    I'm sure even a kangaroo court would acknowledge that FACT used like that is sarcasm.
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    What happened to Cake Stop? I rarely venture out of Commuting Chat, have just seen the "tidying up Cake Stop, use Bottom Bracket (?) for all the OT stuff" announcement but can't find Bottom Bracket either. Is there a thread someone can link to which explains what happened and DDD's contribution?
    Rules are for fools.
  • First.Aspect
    Waddlie wrote:
    What happened to Cake Stop? I rarely venture out of Commuting Chat, have just seen the "tidying up Cake Stop, use Bottom Bracket (?) for all the OT stuff" announcement but can't find Bottom Bracket either. Is there a thread someone can link to which explains what happened and DDD's contribution?
    Cake Stop was sanitized becacuse a moderator of questionable judgement took a comment allegedly by DDD, which was of questionable seriousness, seriously. You can only see the rather sorded and purile drivel which used to be posted there if you are logged in to the site now.

Some pea brains seem to have blamed DDD for this, despite the fact that he doesn't actually have the internet privilages to change the arrangement of forums and sub forums on the site.
  • Free the DDD one!
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739

:?: Libelous :P
  • I am advised that there are one or two correspondents on this site that are proven lawyers.
    'fool'
  • First.Aspect
    I am advised that there are one or two correspondents on this site that are proven lawyers.
    Including me, sort of. But I'm not the you I was referring to and neither are they. :|
  • Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    go away for a days sailing and see what you miss.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Wasn't this thread 3 pages earlier?
  • suzyb wrote:

Are you getting it confused with Am I reading this right? Rick has suspended DDD?
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    suzyb wrote:

Are you getting it confused with Am I reading this right? Rick has suspended DDD?
    I am yes :roll:
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    suzyb wrote:
    suzyb wrote:

I am yes :roll:
    In honour of DDD we decided to split one topic into a few threads. It's what he would have wanted...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    In honour of DDD we decided to split one topic into a few threads. It's what he would have wanted...

:lol:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Now if you were really brave, you would have posted this in Pro Race :lol:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,340
    dhope wrote:

rjsterry wrote:

Oh good grief, is this all my fault?!

I shall be more careful what I suggest next time.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    rjsterry wrote:
    dhope wrote:

rjsterry wrote:

Carry on, as far as I'm concerned...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    rjsterry wrote:
    dhope wrote:

rjsterry wrote:

Well if Pro Race gets censored and the creation of a new sub-forum called 'Illegal Meets' follows, then we all know who to ostracize
  • tailwindhome
    C'mon

This place is deader than Commuting General.

Let him off the naughty step....
  • tailwindhome
    That was a quick bit of merging, eh?