Shaving Down Below - serious question

mystic.bertie
mystic.bertie Posts: 136
edited March 2017 in Road beginners
i usually like to shave my nuts and trim the rest, i did this the other week, beofre getting my first pair of cycling shorts, so that combined with wearing underpants my 25 mile daily communte was a total nightmare and really sore where my panty line is :lol: Once it grew in it was fine. :oops:
Now i have cycling shorts and sudocream and know to go commando, is it wise to shave or trim ones nuts or is that asking for trouble? I dont really want to have fuzz :lol:

Comments

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Do whatever. This forum doesn't particularly care if your meat and veg are shaved.

PS: Why are you wearing underwear with cycling shorts? The pad within is designed to be next to your skin :idea:
  • Do whatever. This forum doesn't particularly care if your meat and veg are shaved.

PS: Why are you wearing underwear with cycling shorts? The pad within is designed to be next to your skin :idea:

dont be so ignorant its a valid question, im not asking anyone to care im asking for advice. what side of bed did you get out of. Ill refrain from using bad langauge :roll:

maintaining your garden is no more offensive than telling people to apply cream to there ass and nuts etc :|
  • Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    Do whatever. This forum doesn't particularly care if your meat and veg are shaved.

+1

Are you trying to make something look bigger?
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265

dont be so ignorant its a valid question, im not asking anyone to care im asking for advice. what side of bed did you get out of. Ill refrain from using bad langauge :roll:

maintaining your garden is no more offensive than telling people to apply cream to there ass and nuts etc :|
    If you think I'm ignorant the internet isn't a safe place for you. mumsnet might be able to help though
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    i usually like to shave my nuts and trim the rest...

As threads go, that is probably the strangest opening line I have ever read!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I think body hair in those regions is there for a reason and has a cushioning effect. The effect of shaving probably gives you short prickly hairs which may be causing your discomfort. I suggest either a chemical hair remover, someone who is prepared to wax your tender bits or leave it long. I suspect you would have the same issue with underarm hair
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    There are several reasons why cyclists shave their legs, but none that I know of why anyone would shave down there.

Shaving your pubic region is only ever going to result in sores. And leave the underwear off if your wearing proper padded cycling shorts.
  • i do it for personal preference and its much more hygenic, shave my underarms too, cuts down b.o big time. Im sure there are many like me but im just wondering if i have to leave some fuzz for comfort when going commando with my cycling shorts.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,919
    i do it for personal preference and its much more hygenic, shave my underarms too, cuts down b.o big time. Im sure there are many like me but im just wondering if i have to leave some fuzz for comfort when going commando with my cycling shorts.

Do you wear the wig and the high heels out on the bike too?
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Don't bother. What exactly has given you the impression that you should!? Wear the cycling shorts next to your skin, use sudocrem if needed.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Get a grip!
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Any man who takes a razor to his balls needs to have a word with himself.

Leave your coconuts alone FFS
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062

Learn a bit, before getting uptight buddy ( chamois cream does not actually go there, its to prevent chafing)
  • Bobbinogs wrote:

+1 :lol:
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    shaved-balls.jpg
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • BlakeysFC
    BlakeysFC Posts: 233
    Bobbinogs wrote:

+1 :lol::lol:
  • Wunnunda
    Wunnunda Posts: 214
    There's another thread called 'Getting the itch". But that turned out to be something COMPLETELY different.... :lol:
  • Avant
    Avant Posts: 29
    Just don't wax it - used wax on my chest once and that was bad enough....
  • boh67
    boh67 Posts: 71
    Bet she wishes she could delete this thread :P
  • dcomp
    dcomp Posts: 43
    Bobbinogs wrote:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    on a serious note....

Maybe try this?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pea ... gn=froogle
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • what a weird narrow minded bunch, you think its weird to shave ones pubes, no sex please were british :lol::lol::lol:

on a lighter note im glad many people find it amusing :lol::lol::lol:

i might just have to experiment myelf with this but ill spare you lot with the results
    chips.jpg
  • I am an active cyclist who cycles regularly. I am intrigued to know if cyclists shave their public lines otherwise known as the ' snail trail' to improve resistance against the wind during rides. I have already shaved my leg hairs but I am curious to know if any body has removed this hair.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    i do it for personal preference and its much more hygenic, shave my underarms too, cuts down b.o big time. Im sure there are many like me but im just wondering if i have to leave some fuzz for comfort when going commando with my cycling shorts.
    Personally, I have always found that a regular washing / showering regime tends to take care of the 'downstairs hygiene' and it's also a lot less dangerous than having a razor anywhere near it. I have never shaved my pits and never had any complaints about BO there either (not within earshot anyway!!).
    what a weird narrow minded bunch, you think its weird to shave ones pubes

Just goes to show that narrow mindedness and weirdness are all a matter of personal perspective.

All in all, I suspect the OP has done the right thing in withdrawing from this one.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    An old thread finally revived!

The question is... where do you draw the line?
    left the forum March 2023
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    I always thought your snail trail was from the belly button down...

1/ How would that help wind resistance if you're wearing clothes.

2/ I am not googling "snail trail" on my office pc.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Oh and 3/ WTaF???????
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • courtmed
    courtmed Posts: 164
    An old thread finally revived!

The question is... where do you draw the line?

I basically do it like a woman. Bear with me :mrgreen: I shave my legs, actually did this before cycling as I get bad ingrown hairs, up to what would be a "bikini line". So like my thighs either side of my old boy are shaved, then I trim my balls and everything else. Then from there up I just leave the hair.

There you are. Enjoy your weekend :mrgreen:
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,666
    courtmed wrote:

.... So like my thighs either side of my old boy are shaved, then I trim my balls and everything else. Then from there up I just leave the hair.

So you are saying you sport a "Hair Thong"? Now that sounds worse than "Hamster Pants" but funny as f#ck!!!!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    PhotoNic69 wrote:
    courtmed wrote:

.... So like my thighs either side of my old boy are shaved, then I trim my balls and everything else. Then from there up I just leave the hair.

So you are saying you sport a "Hair Thong"? Now that sounds worse than "Hamster Pants" but funny as f#ck!!!!

With all that burned into my retinas, there's slim chance of enjoying the weekend. Can you all stop now please.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)