2013 Cubes....What do we know?

kammybear
kammybear Posts: 500
edited August 2012 in MTB general
Some shops such as Tredz and german online retailers are beginning to list 2013 cubes...so far i've seen pictures of the Analog, Attention, Acid and Aim. The prices i've seen on tredz are for the Attention and Aim and they're the same as last year so I'm thinking the specs will be the same or lower?

Paint job styles are slightly glitzyer. Looks like I might be going for the black and red Acid or the LTD depending on price!

29er Acid Black n Grey

404001acid%2029%20black-white.jpg

29er Acid Black n White

404002acid%2029%20grey-flashred.jpg

Cube Aim Red n Black

13c591ad65608d3dc7068d07e4d95c7d_5.jpg
P1010543.JPG

Cube 2013 Attention Grey n Green

55736-155523_1_Zoom.jpg

Cube LTD 2013

I can't find the pictures again but saw a black LTD with puke green/yellow forks.

Post your news and links, right now they're being awfully vague :-(

I spoke to leisurelakes bikes last week and they're expecting their stock to start arriving sometime late august/early september!

Comments

• theblender
    theblender Posts: 201
    Same generic frames as previous years, different colours - at least their 2013 high-end bikes have been revamped ( I quite like the new 650b full-suss bikes - still wouldn't buy one though due to short warranty, poorly sealed pivot bearings, and poor customer service when things do go wrong )
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The only exciting thing about the release of 2013 bikes is the discounted 2012 bikes.
    Never buy a bike at fll price this time of year!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    poor customer service when things do go wrong

Really? Buy through a shop and what can go wrong? Can see that as a downside with direct-to-market brands like Canyon.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I'm massively intrigued by all this 650b stuff, first scott, then cube and now rocky mountain...

Altitude_790_MSL_Side.jpg

Knowing people that own or have owned several rockys they are great bikes and this look fricking ace, very, very much wanting to try it! Whip a 1x10 drivetrain on that and it'll be about perfect on paper, slack, low, all the right features, christ It's even the right colour! :lol:
  • rockmonkeysc
    lawman wrote:
    I'm massively intrigued by all this 650b stuff, first scott, then cube and now rocky mountain...

Altitude_790_MSL_Side.jpg

Knowing people that own or have owned several rockys they are great bikes and this look fricking ace, very, very much wanting to try it! Whip a 1x10 drivetrain on that and it'll be about perfect on paper, slack, low, all the right features, christ It's even the right colour! :lol:

I like the look of that! Maybe next year :)
    Whats 650B tyre choice like?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Improving I would think, but at a premium over 26ers
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Schwalbe are doing a decent range next year.
  • rockmonkeysc
    I wouldn't buy one until 650B is properly established as a normal standard. Would be a bit worried about buying one then in two years time manufacturers drop the idea.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I'm amazed by the weight of that thing, apparently the frame weighs just 2.3kg, which is mega light for that kind of frame, its well over half a KG lighter than my HD! I have yet to try a 650b bike, but I must admit to not being keen on the few 29ers I've tried, not really to my liking.

The Altitude is low, slack, light, fantastic looking, has all the right features, right down the fox rear thru-axle (having a maxle and a fox front axle on the HD really annoys me, I like stuff to match :lol:) The level of progression in construction, design and integration of components is great, and this looks like one of the first bikes to tick every box.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    The topic de-railment there was top class - almost seamless. It looked like it was on course then bang it was a 650b Rocky Mountain thread just like that!

That said I know nothing about the 2013 Cubes. The Black and White one the OP posted was terrible though - it was black and red like the one under it.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Is the poor service warranty etc on the lower end or the higher??