Wiggle: disappointing service

2»

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Drfabulous0: The warranty may be offered by the manufacturer, but that has nothing to do with your statutory rights, which are probably better than a warranty.

The manufacturer can't give a refund because they don't have your money, the retailer does. Your 'contract' is with the retailer, it's up to them to sort it.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • I need to buy some mudguards that I can only find supplied through Wiggle.

I am now obviously cautious of wiggle.

Should I take the risk and buy them or should I sell my bike?
    Canyon Roadlite
    Boardman Hybrid
    Dolan FXE
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Sell the children.
  • I don't have any to sell. It'll take at least 9months to do that and it still won't resolve the mudguard issue. Not to mention a new born baby wouldn't have much stock. I'd need to train it up in one of the following to be of any value before selling:
    Fraud
    Politics (read Fraud)
    Plastering
    Psychology

Thanks for your suggestion though.
    Canyon Roadlite
    Boardman Hybrid
    Dolan FXE
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Well my Mavic 117 rim on M475 hub is still going strong, bought used and now completed over 3000miles and run at 70psi (1.5").....its even the (lighter) 117 rim brake rim, as I didn't buy mine from Wiggle that proves it must be Wiggles fault!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    I have some handbuilt wheels, mavic open pro rims knitted to Chis King Hubs, done two years and circa 5,000 miles on them, they are dead true and have the flexibility of Madam Whiplash feeling grumpy with a hangover on the day her cat died.

I bought NONE of the components from wiggle.

I think we can all agree that Wiggle causes wheel failure, particularly of cheap crappy wheels. This evidence proves it.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You calling my £10 wheel cheap and crappy?

You are?

That's Ok then........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.