so is lance armstrong guilty then?

2»

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I dunno, like I said, I'm of the opinion that both sides in this are bent.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    The way I see it, I believe there's a high chance he's guilty, and this could be a case of pandering for public sympathy.
    On the other hand, haven't these people tried over and over and over to pin something on him?
    Surely if they have proof that he was doping, then that's it, game over.

So, they're both a bent as tentpegs in my opinion. Neither side deserves so much press, and to be able to steal the limelight form the huge successes of OUR (critish) cyclists recently. Bloody yanks.
    That's it, surely if they had legitimate evidence, they would have been able to explicitly say whether or not he was guilty by now and end it, rather than draw it out like this? Fact is, he passed all of their drug tests which were then the standard. I think for them to go back on the one thing that they relied on as evidence and decide that it's wrong just negates everything that they do. What is the point in drug testing if in 15 years time they can then decide that it wasn't enough and once again pursue someone who has been proven to be clean (at least as far as we can tell) in all of their standard tests? It's complete hypocrisy.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • whyamihere wrote:
    jay12 wrote:
    comes across as guilty as he is trying to cover that up by the fact he doesn't want to waste time on this trail. but if it was me i would go to full lengths to not ruin my reputation.
    I understand what you mean, however, the story is that he's been fighting for so, so, so long, that he's just stopped entertaining their nonsense now.
    Surely though, the only fight required is to give the lawyers a lot of money and say 'go'.

Winning the TDF pays out a million dollars. Armstrong has to pay that back due to being stripped of the wins. If he truly believed that he could come out clean (which, if he was innocent, he would have believed), why wouldn't he instead give that seven million dollars to a team of stupendous lawyers and instruct them to take out USADA? In other words, that money's lost to him anyway, but he may as well use it to save his reputation and future earning potential rather than just handing it back and having his reputation tarnished. Unless, of course, he knows that there is evidence and that he won't win...

Point of diminishing returns my friend, this has been going on years, with noone being able to pin anything on him, due to a good cover up or nothing actually happening. Whatever the reasons, to be drug down in court, have cases dismissed, and then brought back up year after year after year, shoot even I would throw in my towel after thecountless times they have come at him with basically no substantial evidence. There comes a point, which lance is now at, that it just seriously gets tiring having to deal with lawyers and go to court dates only for the same thing to happen each time. Also a huge waste of money. If this was the first time it had happened, I would say he was guilty, but at the end of the day he keeps getting away and I think he is finally doing the right thing by just letting it finish, whatever the outcome. At least the farking thing will be over.