Getting a Canyon Nerve xc 7.0 - But which colour?

badgerman26
badgerman26 Posts: 125
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
So having searched the tinterweb I have decided to get a Nerve XC 7.0. The issue is which colour. I prefer the black as its not a wierd green, but then don't like the bright silver after seeing real life photos on here. Would have preferred black and white.

Does anyone have the Forrest green and white? If so what made you choose a green mTB?

If anyone has any real life pics then please post as the website ones don't seem to be true.

Cheers

Comments

• Becuase green is faster than black. :mrgreen:
    I don't have a canyon, but i have a green MTB.
    I'm a bike tart, so I like green - the brighter the better (and it's different - everyone seems to have a black or white MTB.).

BTW: I love the look of the forest green canyons.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Dirtrider
    Dirtrider Posts: 1,611
    see, Im the opposite. Brightly coloured bikes in general I think look pretty horrible. I prefer black, white or silver(mainly because most colours go with these so when upgrading I don't really have to worry about colours, whereas brightly coloured bikes, unless they have a specific colour scheme, look clown-esque).

You may say I'm boring - your probably right.

However, the Canyon in green is actually damn nice. I would gof or the silver, Theres too many in black, don't see as many silver ones.
    For Sale:

Specialized P3 Frame

Marzocchi Z2 Atom 80mm
  • Jimx26
    Jimx26 Posts: 147
    I have the green and like you was a little concerned but looks really good. In some lights it looks black then when the sun hits it the colour really pops.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    I've got the xc9 in black/silver. Pretty discrete and far from bling. The green is a little more 'in your face'... depends what you're looking for
  • jizzleb
    jizzleb Posts: 135
    I have the black xc but chose it because of the anodized finish. Personally I love it but the green looks good as well. I am liking the understated look of the black especially when having to lock it up at work all day in the city if riding afterwards as it doesn't stand out as much to a tea leaf.
    Canyon Nerve XC
    Spec Allez
    GT XCR SingleSpeed
    GT Dyno
  • jizzleb wrote:
    I have the black xc but chose it because of the anodized finish. Personally I love it but the green looks good as well. I am liking the understated look of the black especially when having to lock it up at work all day in the city if riding afterwards as it doesn't stand out as much to a tea leaf.

Thanks everyone. What is different about the anodised black, is the green paint then? Which is hardier?
  • jizzleb
    jizzleb wrote:

Thanks everyone. What is different about the anodised black, is the green paint then? Which is hardier?

Anodized should be more durable and hard wearing then paint in the long run although doesn't look as shiny :-)
    Canyon Nerve XC
    Spec Allez
    GT XCR SingleSpeed
    GT Dyno
  • Thanks mate, do you have any pics of your black XC 7 you can show off?
  • jizzleb
    Thanks mate, do you have any pics of your black XC 7 you can show off?

Not great ones but here:

7849830152_4d5323aafd.jpg
    IMG_1331 by Jizzleb, on Flickr

7849829538_f7e63e841b.jpg
    IMG_1354 by Jizzleb, on Flickr

7849827780_05d8e8dd62.jpg
    IMG_1360 by Jizzleb, on Flickr
    Canyon Nerve XC
    Spec Allez
    GT XCR SingleSpeed
    GT Dyno