Great North Bike Ride what fuel

fishingguy
fishingguy Posts: 32
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
I plan to complete about 75 mile on sunday. Is there anything i can eat the night before to help with fueling me for the ride or will that be too early? or just have something in the morning? :?:

Comments

• Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    fishingguy wrote:
    I plan to complete about 75 mile on sunday. Is there anything i can eat the night before to help with fueling me for the ride or will that be too early? or just have something in the morning? :?:

A tasty pasta dish works for me.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • I had heard that but wasnt sure. I always just have a protien shake after a ride out should i take on carbs as well? not exactly sure whats best for a good recovery
  • Porridge and a banana on the morning of the ride works well for me! Instant porridge pots available for about £1.00 in the supermarkets are also very quick to make.

HTH
  • Cheers that's what I'll try
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Keep the wine down the night before so you're not dehydrated. Breakfast of Weetabix or basic porridge will do. The pots of quick porridge are full of sugar & additives, you're better off buying a big bag of the supermarket stuff for 80p and eating that. It's v nice as a cereal - lob a pile into a bowl, add milk & sugar and eat it. Have plenty to drink before starting - start hydrated and keep toped up. Take plenty of fluids and top up at stops where never possible.