bartman100
bartman100 Posts: 544
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
...do I need?

Comments

• chiark
    chiark Posts: 335
    The cheapest one.

I've got the Kindle Keyboard with 3G, and bought my wife the newer Kindle (no keyboard) yesterday. 3G and keyboard is useful when I'm abroad and want to check mail without paying anything when there's no wifi around. other than that, I hardly ever use the keyboard or 3g aspect of it...
    Synapse Alloy 105 / Rock Lobster Tig Team Sl
  • baldwin471
    baldwin471 Posts: 366
    Nexus 7
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Old one with free 3G and keyboard.
    Free internet and e-mail pretty much worldwide. What's not to like?
    It is a wee bit slow but it is value for money. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    Another vote for the 3G with keyboard.

Certainly worth the extra over the basic model IMO.
  • OH has the keyboard/3G kindle, would recommend it.
    Also Amazon has great customer service, display went a bit wonky and was replaced before we even sent the old one back. Even gave 3 months extra warranty (old one had a week left)
  • pdsalmon
    pdsalmon Posts: 55
    baldwin471 wrote:
    Nexus 7

+1

Kindle app and away you go...
  • You don't need one
  • hiho9
    hiho9 Posts: 17
    Tablet or a phone with kindle app :)
  • baldwin471
    baldwin471 Posts: 366
    hiho9 wrote:

Cough* Nexus 7 *Cough
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Looking at the Kobos, which seem to be better value. We both have smart phones, I use a HTC Desire S and have used the Kindle app but it's next to useless in any sort of direct light due to the reflective surface.

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndSear ... eader.aspx
  • I travel a lot. The 3G with keyboard is great for me. I've even used it to check on the news and various forums whilst abroad. If you're not going to use it outside of the UK then just get the cheapest one. Oh and get a cover of some sort, I've broken 2 screens so far!
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    baldwin471 wrote:
    hiho9 wrote:

Cough* Nexus 7 *Cough

I got the archos internet tablet last xmas for half the price of the nexus and it does the job.

Wife has the internet kindle and loves it, if we are abroad then emails aren't checked. Part of the reason for going abroad is to leave work/emails behind for a couple of weeks imo.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Pine split into strips is usually the best. Some cotton wool and flint for the mountains also helps. Just make sure its dry - keep it in a plastic 'zip' bag. Ray Mears said...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    baldwin471 wrote:
    hiho9 wrote:

Cough* Nexus 7 *Cough

I got the archos internet tablet last xmas for half the price of the nexus and it does the job.

Wife has the internet kindle and loves it, if we are abroad then emails aren't checked. Part of the reason for going abroad is to leave work/emails behind for a couple of weeks imo.

Unless of course its work thats taking you abroad...