Cant reply to PM

skaboy607
skaboy607 Posts: 24
Hi,

For some reason I cannot reply to a private message or even compose a new message. I was have a conversation with another forum member but now cannot carry on?

How can this be resolved?

Thanks

Comments

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    The boys in charge thought it would be a good idea to put a post limit on new accounts before they could pm. It hasn't been well received.

Read about it here viewtopic.php?f=40033&t=12872757
  • Well that could be an issue as I have arranged to purchase something off this member but now cannot interact with him.

Administrators, please advise.........?
  • jr88
    jr88 Posts: 48
    Same problem here, what can i do?????
  • Would some who can please send a PM to the member I am trying to get in touch with and give him my email address?

Perhaps admin should of considered this as a possibility and only applied this to members registering from now. Nice of them to disappear though......
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    skaboy607 wrote:
    Would some who can please send a PM to the member I am trying to get in touch with and give him my email address?

Perhaps admin should have considered this as a possibility and only applied this to members registering from now. Nice of them to disappear though......

It's not entirely straightforward.

We're currently looking into it.
  • rick_chasey
    Try now ska.
  • rick_chasey
    You too jr88
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    Genuine question.

Mr Louse has been in this thread bleating about no admins online and whatnot. But there are 4 of you on regularly, including over the weekend yet it's taken until now for one of you to do something.

Just what are you boys doing?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Different kind of admin. We can edit/delete/whatever any posts or topics, ban and edit users etc. We can't make back-end changes, that requires the involvement of other staff who are around less frequently.
  • No good, still don't have the option...
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    edited August 2012
    whyamihere wrote:
    Different kind of admin. We can edit/delete/whatever any posts or topics, ban and edit users etc. We can't make back-end changes, that requires the involvement of other staff who are around less frequently.
    You're in the same usergroup as those who can? Or is it a case of can but better not? Rick appears to be able to do something :?: Or not :lol:
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    skaboy607 wrote:
    No good, still don't have the option...
    You should be able to now.
  • Yep, this works now. Thank you.
  • rick_chasey
    whyamihere wrote:
    You're in the same usergroup as those who can? Or is it a case of can but better not? Rick appears to be able to do something :?: Or not :lol:

Nope.

Back end changes are off limits for us.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    whyamihere wrote:

Nope.

Tis ok Rick :wink::wink::wink::wink:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    whyamihere wrote:

Nope.

Meaning?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    nicklouse wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:

Nope.

Meaning?
    Meaning that I was talking to Rick, not you :)