Outdoor Activities Research (Survey Now Closed)

ODAresearch
ODAresearch Posts: 4
edited November 2012 in The hub
The survey is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated in the research.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    For more information about the study and to access the online survey follow this link https://acsurvey.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID= ... pdBO2dtF77
    Link fail. Doesn't bode well for the quality of the research.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ODAresearch
    edited November 2012
    The survey is now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated in the research.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Already did this for you a week or two ago - proof that i need to get off the internet and get out more...
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I quit half way through. Just seems a very limited and poor set of questions on outdoor stuff followed by a huge psychological assessment.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Same here, I reached the bit where it wanted some information about "person X" - when it asked what their main outdoor activity was, I was at a loss, since they don't do anything, really.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Er, yeah. Tried to complete it but got bogged down in the slightly bizarre serious of questions about my ability to stay healthy and effective when under pressure or being relied upon by my significant other, then being asked the same questions about another persons ability to cope in mysterious made up circumstances.

It's nonsense - I am not a statistitian but I fail to see how you can ascertain anything useful from me guessing how someone I know reacts to situations.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • cooldad
    I got the same idea - glad to know I'm not a mong. Gave up fairly quickly.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • I tried and I failed!

It's like one of those daft psychometric tests that they try and get you to do when you apply for a job. Needless to say I'm not a big fan of those either :D
  • ODAresearch
    edited November 2012
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    And another survey bites the dust.

I reckon only about 1% of the survey requests we get on here are constructed in professional manner.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Maybe we could do a survey into the quality of surveys conducted on Bikeradar?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    I too got to the bit where I was to put in details about someone else, felt that it was intrusive and gave up.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Gazlar wrote:
    the only decent ones come from people that use the forum. people who sign up to post a survey have rarely thought it out.

simple survey.
    Bacon or Bacon?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    nicklouse wrote:
    simple survey.
    Bacon or Bacon?

Bacon and Bacon, please.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • nicklouse
    Bartimaeus wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    simple survey.
    Bacon or Bacon?

Bacon and Bacon, please.

sorted..

a bit like what to have with Pie?

simples more Pie.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • YeehaaMcgee
    nicklouse wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    the only decent ones come from people that use the forum. people who sign up to post a survey have rarely thought it out.

simple survey.
    Bacon or Bacon?
    Hmm.
    Can I choose "all of the above"?

Nick's on to something though. See how well thoguht out his survey is? Simple and to the point.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

simple survey.
    Bacon or Bacon?
    Hmm.
    Can I choose "all of the above"?

Nick's on to something though. See how well thoguht out his survey is? Simple and to the point.

may be add an egg for fun.

breakfast_cupcakes.jpg
  • YeehaaMcgee
    edited November 2012
    All that remains to achieve perfection is to stick some sausages in them, like a flake in a 99.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    All that remains to achieve perfection is to stick some sausages in them, like a flaxe in a 99.
    I think you are on to a winner there... the breakfast of champions.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • YeehaaMcgee
    That should have said flake, by the way. fixed it now.
  • cooldad
    Not that the 99 was a giveaway.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    so simple questionnaire.

what is better bacon or bacon? Bacon and bacon with added Egg and a sausage stuck in it.

or was that a Wurst?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    but what about when you add the Black Pudding and fried bread factors too. Fark me this questionnaire is hard work

I will however ignore the wurst gag,
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp