Nights getting shorter

TouchingCloth
TouchingCloth Posts: 14
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
Upping my milage now my ass and wrists are getting used to it. Legs are ok if i rest a day inbetween, so I went out last night hoping to break my distance record. hour and a half in the sunn is getting pretty low in the sky so decided to head back a little dissapointed my target would not be reached. With 20 miles still to go the sun was leaving long shadows on the road and i was starting to panic that i would loose the light before I got home safe. Fortunatley my legs felt good and I started to work really hard as it became apparent i was struggling to get home safe. Puffing and panting I finally got home dripping with sweat but 15 miles short of my longest distance, but relieved I had made it before the darkness really set in.
Then I removed my sunglasses..........what an idiot :oops:
Upshot was a increase of 1.5 mph on my general ave mph, but not enough to hide my embaresment.

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Er ... at the moment the nights are getting longer ... a bit more embarrassment? ;)

Anyway - what you need for now are "see me" lights - ie those that enhance your presence to others on the road - tail light is probably the more important of these - I've got 2 on my bike right now.
    Once it gets a bit dark (with my sunglasses on) at least one light goes on - if it's darker still - or wet - then both go on ...
    Front light is important too ... as is wearing suitably reflective clothing...
  • Upping my milage now my ass and wrists are getting used to it

You take your donkey cycling with you? :wink:
    I may be a minority of one but that doesn't prevent me from being right.
    http://www.dalynchi.com
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Upping my milage now my ass and wrists are getting used to it

You take your donkey cycling with you? :wink:
    Donkey-on-bike.png
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Aww ... He's cute
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Aww ... He's cute
    you should see his strava segments!
  • Hee haw
    I may be a minority of one but that doesn't prevent me from being right.
    http://www.dalynchi.com
  • haha you guys are cruel
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    Slowbike wrote:
    Er ... at the moment the nights are getting longer ... a bit more embarrassment? ;)

Anyway - what you need for now are "see me" lights - ie those that enhance your presence to others on the road - tail light is probably the more important of these - I've got 2 on my bike right now.
    Once it gets a bit dark (with my sunglasses on) at least one light goes on - if it's darker still - or wet - then both go on ...

Sorry to say they are getting shorter, by about 2 minutes every day :shock:
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    fludey wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:

Sorry to say they are getting shorter, by about 2 minutes every day :shock:

Do you mean daylight hours getting shorter :?: