Gentle Trails Heywood area

meatpie110
meatpie110 Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in Routes
Hey folks, Does anyone know of any gentle off road Trails in or around the Heywood, Lancs area??? p.s - I'm a beginner who hasn't rode a bike in 16yrs! :lol:

Comments

• posiwev
    posiwev Posts: 21
    Yes there's plenty, depends on how many miles you want to do, but for starters,
    Hopwood Woods, then onto canal to Castleton, then towards Castle Hawk Golf Club, follow to Bolton Rd, then onto Crimble, to Bury Rd, back through queens park for starters.
    You can get to Peel Tower, Brown Wardle, Lee Quarry / Cragg Quarry (where I went today) etc etc from Heywood, drop me a mail and I'll forward you a map.
    Cheers
    Andy
  • Hi There, I am in the Middleton area and am also new to MTB. If you pop Middleton Way there is Hopwood which is nice and gently loop or could be extended towards Tandle Hill then back along Canal towards Rochdale then up to Heywood. I often take my Kids through Hopwood.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    There are some nice little bits of more testing riding in Tandle Hill, I do an 18km loop from Royton on the bridleways taking in Chadderton Park and Tandle Hill.
  • mcdiejdh wrote:
    Hi There, I am in the Middleton area and am also new to MTB. If you pop Middleton Way there is Hopwood which is nice and gently loop or could be extended towards Tandle Hill then back along Canal towards Rochdale then up to Heywood. I often take my Kids through Hopwood.
    Thanks Mate, i will look into it :D