Stile Cop sat 25th

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited August 2012 in MTB rides
All being well shall be spending a good few hrs sat morning here. Probably concentrating on top half of the red run with a few runs on ridge line to mix it up.
Be there about 9ish.

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    If I can get the car I'll see you there, will know sooner the time. Shouldn't be a problem though I'd imagine.
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    How often do you go? It'd be good to session bits with someone who maybe knows what they're doing (a bit more than me!). My mates only ever want to go and ride the Monkey. I want to go and work on some skills so Stile Col would be perfect.
  • DodgeT
    Angry Bird wrote:
    If I can get the car I'll see you there, will know sooner the time. Shouldn't be a problem though I'd imagine.

Nice one, make sure you bring a coat, just had a look at the forecast ...
    Woody80 wrote:
    How often do you go? It'd be good to session bits with someone who maybe knows what they're doing (a bit more than me!). My mates only ever want to go and ride the Monkey. I want to go and work on some skills so Stile Col would be perfect.

Think this'll be about 4th time, so no pro.. It's brilliant fun though sessioning the top half of the red, as there's about half a dozen nice drops, some good corners and then it's only about 2 mins to push back up to the top. So just keep doing loads of that.
  • angry_bird
    DodgeT wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

Nice one, make sure you bring a coat, just had a look at the forecast ...

Great, I prefer it when it's a bit wet up there, last time I was up there, about 3 weeks ago I think, it was bone dry, dusty... loose as hell. Not great for grip or confidence, I have a few new scars now though :lol:
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    DodgeT wrote:
    Woody80 wrote:
    How often do you go? It'd be good to session bits with someone who maybe knows what they're doing (a bit more than me!). My mates only ever want to go and ride the Monkey. I want to go and work on some skills so Stile Cop would be perfect.

Think this'll be about 4th time, so no pro.. It's brilliant fun though sessioning the top half of the red, as there's about half a dozen nice drops, some good corners and then it's only about 2 mins to push back up to the top. So just keep doing loads of that.
    Do you just go down to the bit that drops into the woods before the small double after the dip? I spent a few hours there once as a skills session but haven't had the opprtunity to go back so it'd be good to tie up with someone who knew the runs a bit more.
  • DodgeT
    On the red, starting from the top you got..
    corner, drop
    left or right drop
    biggish drop down to tabletop
    couple of corners/drops before the tight left hand berm which send's you down to the trees - this is where I usually stop as there aren't any drops after that and it becomes a big push up from bottom. I mainly work on this part as it's the drops I want to get faster / clear farther and the corners where I want to carry more speed etc, so all works as a good training place for me.
    Can do a bit of whatever though as said and mix it up a bit. I just find that I learn a lot more if I stay on certain bits and try to get better as opposed to doing something then moving onto something different all the time.
  • DodgeT
    Right then, bikes ready, just fitted a new chain to her too as it was slipping a little. Weather doesn't look too bad.
    I'll be at the car park hopefully for 9. If room at the trail head i'll be there, but more likely at the bigger one up the top.
    Be in an audi estate and on a red n black enduro, dressed all in black :)
    If i'm not there, see you on the trails, will be on the top half of the red run.
  • DodgeT
    Cracking few hours that Rich, cheers for the company, definately feel like progress is being made on that run now!
    Just need a big bouncer like the other lads :)
    Conditions were near on perfect, apart from the bit of track which caused me to exit into the bushes :lol:
  • angry_bird
    Yeah, great morning, cheers. Pretty happy with it, no nasty injuries or proper crashes, just a few washouts. That bloke casing that jump has certainly put me off trying to clear the whole thing for a good time yet :shock: