Canyon Brand

Xsody
Xsody Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I am interest on buying a mountain bike, specially an enduro bike. I am specially interested on Canyon bikes, besides the components and the price, I think they look really nice. After some research, on the internet I have seen that Canyon has got some nice reviews (bikeradar.com for instance) and some good comments from some users. So, my my questions are:

Is it really worth buying a bike from Canyon?
Is the customer support decent (since they sell directly)?
Have you add any issue with them?

Thanks.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    20 odd pages of stuff
    viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12789920
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Mines got a creaky front end and a creaky rear end but rides stunning , cullen is abit of a cnut though . Buy one :D
    Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    Santa Cruz 5010 CC
    YT Tues CF Comp
    Race for Burgtec
  • miguel73
    miguel73 Posts: 28
    Got a Canyon Strive ES9, its brilliant! Not had any problems with it yet hence not having to speak to Cullen. Buy one!
  • Xsody
    My biggest issue (and only) is really the customer support and the warranty... I have seen both sides of the coin: good support and bad support comments...
  • The Canyon question of the Daaaaaayyyy.

Canyon makes great bikes.
    The customer service is very good but for a direct sales German company now operating a small unit in the UK there can be problems.

My personal experience has been good. Took less than 7 days for my bike to arrive. Performed perfectly straight out the box, really happy with it, get lots of people asking about it.
    My bottom bracket broke after beast riding drops to often, my fault. And my Reverb broke, lost pressure after the first ride which I was pissed about but Cullum sent me a new one in a few days so cant complain there.

General consensus. Recommended.

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x
  • Xsody
    Yeah, but I am not from the UK, I am from Switzerland. I understand they have a different "brand name" in here. That's why I was asking about the warranty and how do they handle this kind of stuff. But I think you are right, most of the people comments are positive.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Xsody wrote:
    Yeah, but I am not from the UK, I am from Switzerland. I understand they have a different "brand name" in here. That's why I was asking about the warranty and how do they handle this kind of stuff. But I think you are right, most of the people comments are positive.
    then its a bit pointless you asking that question because you wouldn't be dealing with the same people, and in switzerland they are called "coast'' because there is already a bike company called canyon http://www.canyon.ch/index.php?id=569&L ... ew&uid=471
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Xsody
    I don't think it would be pointless. The same way I am here asking, another person from Switzerland might be seeing this and able to help. The way a company handles his customers, might change slightly from country to country but I wouldn't believe it would be a big change. Besides that, the warranty and the overral policies of the company wouldn't change I think.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Xsody wrote:
    I don't think it would be pointless. The same way I am here asking, another person from Switzerland might be seeing this and able to help. The way a company handles his customers, might change slightly from country to country but I wouldn't believe it would be a big change. Besides that, the warranty and the overral policies of the company wouldn't change I think.
    it can change things when there is only one person to deal with every customer in the entire country, which is the case here in the uk, which is why you see mixed reviews on here, my own experience with a warranty issue was dealt with efficiently and quickly, in your case i would imagine you would have to deal with canyon.de. directly
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011