Awesome Blog!

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,391
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
Accidently stumbled upon this Hilarious blog from some eegit in the US!
Myth #3: It is a great tragedy when a cyclist is killed by a motorist.
Fact: Riding a bike on major highways with speed limits of up to 55MPH with hundreds of two ton vehicles is about as smart as playing Russian Roulette.
A lot of people gamble with their lives, soldiers, police officers, firemen for instance. When these people lose their lives it is a great tragedy because they lost their lives while pursuing noble efforts, catching criminals, saving lives, protecting freedoms. Getting killed because you thought it would be “cool” to tie up traffic during rush hour isn’t noble. Losing one’s life to stupidity isn’t a tragedy.
We at Spare the Road do not want to belittle anyone who has lost a loved one to this situation. However, as mentioned in Myth #1 most cyclists have no one who cares for them. If you are in that minority though we are sorry, sorry that your family member or friend was so selfish they cared more about being a jackass on public streets than being there for you. When some idiot on a bike gets hit by a car, it’s not a tragedy; the tragedy is his kids are going to have to grow up fatherless because their dad thought it would be awesome to “stick it to cagers” by riding his bike on busy streets

http://sparetheroadblog.blogspot.nl/201 ... myths.html

Don't tell the communters though it will make them cry!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Dont rise-applies to anyone who chooses to take to the road,by any mode of transport.Or by air and sea come to that.Come to think of it,its not even safe at home either since most accidents happen there as well.Standing under a tree is dangerous on so many fronts.Err....
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    At least he thought about the children................ :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    You're right 'awesome' is the word. :)

A real charmer. Its analysis is at about the level of a Mitt Romney. Yet, for an american he's an internationalist too surprisingly, as he has a go at British cyclists - picture of Brad - and the 'Tour de Douche' :D At least he had the foresight to leave his spel-chek switched on.

My particular favourite was the opening 'myth':

"Fact: Cyclists want to inconvenience drivers for the glory of their own egos.
    Most cyclists are sad and lonely people who have failed at life. Their careers (if you can call bagging groceries a career) are going nowhere, their families are ashamed of them, and other than getting together with other pathetic losers to ride bikes, they have no personal life to speak of.
    So what is a sad, pathetic loner to do? Well besides offing themselves, they like to dress up in skin tight spandex and ride bikes around town tying up traffic. Keeping people in cars from getting where they need to go boost their self-esteem much like the schoolyard bully does by hassling other kids for their lunch money. This feeling of importance, this rush of knowing they are forcing the world to revolve around them, it is the only thing that keeps most of these people from swallowing the barrel of a revolver.
    Cyclists have no desire to share the road with motorists in some sort of utopia vehicular society where man powered and gas powered transportation devices live in peace and harmony. Quite the opposite actually. Their goal is to create an environment of stress and confusion on the roadways to boost their frail and pitiful egos."
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    mercsport wrote:

A real charmer. Its analysis is at about the level of a Mitt Romney. Yet, for an american he's an internationalist too surprisingly, as he has a go at British cyclists - picture of Brad - and the 'Tour de Douche' :D At least he had the foresight to leave his spel-chek switched on.

Most cyclists are sad and lonely people who have failed at life. Their careers (if you can call bagging groceries a career) are going nowhere, their families are ashamed of them, and other than getting together with other pathetic losers to ride bikes, they have no personal life to speak of.
    So what is a sad, pathetic loner to do? Well besides offing themselves, they like to dress up in skin tight spandex and ride bikes around town tying up traffic. Keeping people in cars from getting where they need to go boost their self-esteem much like the schoolyard bully does by hassling other kids for their lunch money. This feeling of importance, this rush of knowing they are forcing the world to revolve around them, it is the only thing that keeps most of these people from swallowing the barrel of a revolver.
    Cyclists have no desire to share the road with motorists in some sort of utopia vehicular society where man powered and gas powered transportation devices live in peace and harmony. Quite the opposite actually. Their goal is to create an environment of stress and confusion on the roadways to boost their frail and pitiful egos."

Sh1t! This guy's hacked my life!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    mercsport wrote:

Sh1t! This guy's hacked my life!

You too? I thought it was just me he'd fingered (how did he know?).
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I took all that as a compliment frankly...........
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"