Laura Trott - a view

NervexProf
NervexProf Posts: 4,202
edited August 2012 in Pro race
A nice insight into double gold 'Trotty' here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... Harry.html
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Dissapointed. I thought this was going to be a different kind of 'view'. :wink:
  • Dissapointed. I thought this was going to be a different kind of 'view'. :wink:

Apparently she's not into that kind of thing. Or the cheque wasn't big enough. Time will tell, I guess.
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    Brilliant article. Fantastic athelete.

Hopefully got another couple of Olympics in her yet.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    There isn't much in the world that's more fun that watching her ride a Devil. Love that a female track cyclist has caught the public's imagination.
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Dissapointed. I thought this was going to be a different kind of 'view'. :wink:

Is this more what you were after?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... golds.html

I wonder if Brailsford OKed that headline?
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    She is without doubt the number 1 cycling talent in the world. I wonder if she'll make a serious effort to transition to the road? She seems to have everything nailed at the moment.

I bet she has the potential to TT like a demon and given the power she has from such a small frame I'll bet she could climb too.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Daz555 wrote:
    She is without doubt the number 1 cycling talent in the world.

Really? Not Marianne Vos then?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Daz555 wrote:
    She is without doubt the number 1 HOT cycling talent in the world.

Fixed ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Daz555 wrote:
    She is without doubt the number 1 HOT cycling talent in the world.

Fixed ;)

Not a fan of the Vos then? Not even with "big hair"

marianne_vos_600.jpg
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Didn't know Maureen Lipman rode for Rabobank...
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Ah bless, Marriane's trying quite hard in that picture but you just know she'd sooner be on a bike mullering the opposition into the ground.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Daz555 wrote:
    She is without doubt the number 1 cycling talent in the world.

Vos is already the complete article. I really meant potential rather than where she is today when it comes to Trott.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Ah bless, Marriane's trying quite hard in that picture but you just know she'd sooner be on a bike mullering the opposition into the ground.
    She was wearing a dress last week. That's almost as rare as Contador wearing a dress.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Holy crap - has anyone read the comments???

It's kinda like smug guardianista faux intellectualism mixed with daily mail bile and local rag childishness....
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    PBo wrote:

It's kinda like smug guardianista faux intellectualism mixed with daily mail bile and local rag childishness....
    On the internet? Who ever would have thought it!
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    bompington wrote:
    PBo wrote:

On the internet? Who ever would have thought it!

Ha ha.

I don't know why, but I didn't expect such a strange mix on the telegraph website though....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    It disappoints me she needs to even answer questions or notions of her getting her kit off.
  • ddraver
    Agreed Rick - I suppose VickyP didnt Help, but even then it should be irrelevant. (although Tom Daly is constantly tweeting pics of himslef in the near buff at the moment so it does swing both ways)

I'm feeling very liberal this week. I'm still really annoyed that someone told one of my gay friends she should nt bring her gf to our company BBQ becasue it might cause trouble! Somehow I doubt if the gf had been a bf it would have been fine!

Grrrrrrr! Where's my pitchfork!
    - @ddraver
  • What kind of trouble? For who? That's the sort of poisonous attitude that was around in 1930s Germany. People felt they couldn't associate with certain people if they wanted to get on in life.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    It disappoints me she needs to even answer questions or notions of her getting her kit off.

Having read the article that wasn't the question at all but HER extension of an answer to the question of all the modelling requests that she's had.

Generally a good read.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • ddraver
    What kind of trouble? For who? That's the sort of poisonous attitude that was around in 1930s Germany. People felt they couldn't associate with certain people if they wanted to get on in life.

I know - It's so depressing that my friend has sort of just rolled over and accepted it too. Maybe I'm being naive and stupid and guardian reader about it becasuse I'm a middle class white guy but it's really got to me!

Personally I want to give the other person a slap!
    - @ddraver