Full Suspension MTB

wifiwupding
wifiwupding Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There's not much because the vast majority are crap, with poor suspension and parts. The Banshee is a heavy brute, the Rockrider lighter and better specced. You don't sound like you need a bike like the Banshee.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    why do you need suspension for riding to the shops?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • This seems much more suited to your needs and falls well within your price limit:

http://www.barracudabikes.co.uk/bikes/y ... ripe-3.php
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    i have the RR 9.1 and its a great bike.no rear shock lock-out but its still a good spec'd bike,
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    why do you need suspension for riding to the shops?

I don't need suspension to ride to the shops, I should have wrote the whole thing better, what I mean by "quite rough trails" is there's miles of motorbike tracks/trails near where I live which are good for MTBs too, there's big steep descends, jumps and just really rough ground, I've rode off road motor bikes for years I think that's why I don't like hardtails, they just feel weird besides I probably still don't need a full suspension bike but I want one because I'm hardcore you see :oops: 8)
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    At that sort of price you will get a very low end full suspension bike which will end up costing a lot to replace the cheap parts as they wear or break quickly. A hardtail is more than up to the job and if your hardcore then the challenge of riding hard on a hardtail will be more fun! You can easily ride 8 foot drops on a hardtail and they will take big jumps easily. Poor quality suspension will make things more difficult, not easier.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    At that sort of price you will get a very low end full suspension bike which will end up costing a lot to replace the cheap parts as they wear or break quickly. A hardtail is more than up to the job and if your hardcore then the challenge of riding hard on a hardtail will be more fun! You can easily ride 8 foot drops on a hardtail and they will take big jumps easily. Poor quality suspension will make things more difficult, not easier.
    Bollocks on all counts. That RR is very well specced for the money, including Recons up front, and will be fine for XC and trail.
    Not everyone is gnarrly and hardcore like you.
    And that nonesense about challenge etc is just that.

ps it's you're.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    And a pretty decent review from BR
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 1-12-45756
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook