Specialized Hardrock 2013 29er

noble steed
noble steed Posts: 11
edited August 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Hi, My newish bike. Not as amazing as some of the amazing beasts I have been looking at on here but at the moment is my pride n joy. Have changed a few bits I didnt like. Dont think the forks are great but love the hydraulic breaks and 29inch wheels. Gears etc seem to be ok. Good package for £500 I think :D

IMG_0376.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg
IMG_0380.jpg
IMG_0378.jpg

Comments

• Jomox
    Jomox Posts: 250
    Looks good and if your happy with it that's what counts, not all of us can afford top end posh bikes etc, enjoy it.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Are they Hope skewers? I had a very poor experience with a set of them, and have them lined up for my next eBay session. Their hubs are brilliant, but in my experience the skewers are less so . . .

The rest of the bike looks great!
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • cwbb
    cwbb Posts: 16
    VERY NICE MATE enjoy :D
  • Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

Yes they're Hope skewers, what problems did you have then?
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    The ones I had simply weren't good enough at holding the wheel in tight - which is a serious failing in a Q/R skewer. This thread details the problems I had, and the help everyone else gave. In the end I went with dull black Shimano Deore levers at £10 the pair. It's the only bad Hope component I've come across, though - the hubs are great and they build lovely wheels (albeit with someone else's rims - get extruding, Hope!). Also that stem you've got is a work of art - did you swap it for the colour or to change the length as well?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    now im not "the 29er type " but this is tidy.....
  • Thanks Castlelad

Giraffoto- As the bike was mostly black I thought the gold would go well, but also I wanted a bit of a longer reach so got a slightly longer stem (25 mm). Could of gone longer but didn't want to mess to much with the geometry of the bike so I moved the saddle back a bit. The Hope stem had good reviews and I also liked the fact that they were English. Like you say it looks amazing I think too.