edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
Chub%204.JPG
(with thanks to Graham Tancock)
Lead%20chub%20pic%208lb%201oz.JPG

IYCF%20chub%20fishing.jpg

ds88d.jpg

Comments

• I'll get the chips on!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    Vesterberg wrote:
    Chub%204.JPG

"Look wot I found down my trousers"
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Look at the fella in piccy 2 ad imagine him without the bumfluff, he even looks like the fish!
  • Chub%204.JPG

The creature from the black lagoon is emerging from the river.....he's behind you :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Great fish. You can't beat a gratuitous Chub shot.

Anyone got any open Barbel action?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Vesterberg wrote:
    Chub%204.JPG

He really looks like he enjoys his hobby doesn't he?
  • Great fish. You can't beat a gratuitous Chub shot.

Anyone got any open Barbel action?

11-and-alf-lb-barbel-fish-6370.jpeg
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    That last captor does'nt look at all happy with that scabby Barbel. :D
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Cycling along the Thames towpath last week, went under Kingston Bridge just as a guy pulled a 20lb Common Carp out of the river. What a beautiful fish! Took a photo for him with his own camera, and then enjoyed watching it slide away into the water again. Lovely animal...........
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    Sorry, I am a bit of a puritanical presbyterian 'keep it all in' type of bloke. Carps andf barbels caught on a spinner/worm/curry balls/maggotts nope... not real fishing. Try catching a wild 3/4 lb Brown/Rainbow trout on a floating line and a dry fly and landing it - you have your work cut out.
    But I forgot, its all concrete and tarmac with canals and muddy puddles that you fish in down south along with extortionate permit fees. There is some advantages to living in Scotland. £15.00 for a day permit on a private loch (2 rods only) and a boat thrown in just 4 miles away. Midges are free.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Only worth catching, if you get it into the pan within half an hour of catching it!