Hello from Hertfordshire

jandre78
jandre78 Posts: 20
edited August 2012 in MTB beginners
Hi All,

I am new to the forum (as a member), I've been reading all the useful stuff on here for ages :wink: Thanks to some folks in my area, I am back to riding my Giant Yukon '08. Until about 4 weeks ago I had a Boardman HT pro, which was nicked from my garage along with my wife's Specialized Myka :cry: Luckily I still have the Giant so I can continue riding but it feels so out of date now compared to the Boardman. So you should see me pop up on the forums asking loads of questions about how to upgrade certain bits and most definitely I'll be scouring the classifieds for some bargains.

Are there many folks on here in the Welwyn, Wheathampstead, Harpenden, Hertford etc area? I ride around the Ayot greenway whenever I can and always see some guys out on their bikes.

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Hi, welcome to the forum

I'll shortly be moving to Potters Bar, not sure how close it is to you really, don't know the area around it massively well yet.
  • ali4390
    ali4390 Posts: 106
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Hi, welcome to the forum

I'll shortly be moving to Potters Bar, not sure how close it is to you really, don't know the area around it massively well yet.
    Sorry for the hi jack and really random question, but are you the same Pizzey that went to DIGS and is mates with Mr Grant etc??
  • angry_bird
    Hmm yep, I take it I know you then?
  • ali4390
    ali4390 Posts: 106
    Angry Bird wrote:
    I'm Mr Cornish, was in the year above you at school. Knew that you were into riding but thought it was mainly road, didn't realise you went to Cannock etc as well.

Would be good to come to Cannock with you and you can show me Stile Cop as I'm pretty new to this and haven't got round to going up there yet :lol:
  • angry_bird
    Ah, I remember. Yeah, in fact I was into the muddy bikes before I got into the road ones, definitely up for heading to stile cop. I'm free most of the time at the moment (well for the next few weeks at least) just send me a message when you fancy heading up there.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    ali4390 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    I'm Mr Cornish, was in the year above you at school. Knew that you were into riding but thought it was mainly road, didn't realise you went to Cannock etc as well.

Would be good to come to Cannock with you and you can show me Stile Cop as I'm pretty new to this and haven't got round to going up there yet :lol:

I take it you guys went to a pretty posh school by the "I'm Mr Cornish, I was in the year above you" comment! I went to public school but I'd still introduce myself as Paul Skibum from the year above you, not Mr Skibum! :lol:

But happy re-unions!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • angry_bird
    Nah, it wasn't that posh or at least I don't remember it being :lol:
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    i'm in hertford :)