Best way to get quicker

2»

Comments

• skooter wrote:
    Only been riding just over a week and I have doubled my speed and distance.. I think :shock: .. mind you I am 60 and live on a mountain thats 1700 mts high and its just about 43c right now at 7 oclock in the evening..
    But I do agree with the more experiance here that you have too push your self..

Lucky git
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • skooter
    skooter Posts: 264
    skooter wrote:
    Only been riding just over a week and I have doubled my speed and distance.. I think :shock: .. mind you I am 60 and live on a mountain thats 1700 mts high and its just about 43c right now at 7 oclock in the evening..
    But I do agree with the more experiance here that you have too push your self..

Lucky git

Some might say... :mrgreen:
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Just ride more. Join your local club if you to do group riding. Just enjoy it most of all in all weathers. Strava does not create enjoyment the joy of cycing has to already exist. If you want to know how quick you really are, time trial. You can do that on any bike. At one of the clubs I TT with there are fast riders with all the gear, novice riders and folk in there 70's on an old steel bike and me with my 1981 Alan with daft gearing. It's serious fun, but fun first of all and addictive. The effort is respected first and foremost.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • skooter
    skooter Posts: 264
    Addictive for sure..
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    iPete wrote:
    Move further from work.
    +1 but be prepared to answer endless questions about why you move or cycle further from work
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.