Can this be for real?

Mr Sworld
Mr Sworld Posts: 703
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
A letter posted to Brighton's local rag from some lass in Southampton!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/yourargus/letters/9880780.Cycle_danger_/

fry.jpg

Comments

• TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    This is all I can come up with... (to the lady who wrote the letter, obviously...)

picard-facepalm.jpg
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    rotfl.gif
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I think the fact that in this country its difficult to tell if this is authentic or parody is the answer to the question posed in this thread
  • I hope no clubs were riding in several groups through Brighton on Saturday - especially not with children on the ride. Highly irresponsible to take 12 and 14 year old children out for 100+ miles on the roads 8)
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    From the comments
    davidmam says...
    11:38am Tue 21 Aug 12
    I'm sorry to hear there has been an outbreak of dangerous roads on the south coast. Are these roads actually attacking cyclists? Such roads should not be allowed. Surely the council can employ a dangerous roads officer to go and round them up and put them in some sort of retraining facility until the roads have learned to behave properly in public.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I recently returned from a day out in the pub with my children and husband.

However, the day was marred somewhat by our experiences of people eating food.

While none of them broke the law, I feel it is unreasonable they should be able to use the pubs as and when they wish and in such number.

We have, after all, paid a fortune in alcohol to subsidise the pub system.

What makes it worse is that both children are now begging us for food at Christmas.

The pub menus are just too dangerous and we will do everything we can to discourage this new hobby of eating food in pubs

Even allowing children to have snacks is too dangerous and we wouldn’t want to take the risk.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    ^^^^^ That, I thought was genius! ^^^^^
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    daviesee wrote:
    ^^^^^ That, I thought was genius! ^^^^^

Plus 1 :lol:

I quite liked this response from Chilliman

"Slightly more unnerving is when you come up behind a cycle club outing or race and there are twenty or more cyclists travelling as fast as a car and taking up a considerable length of road. All you can do is be patient which is something lots of road users have lost the ability to be.”

Yeah, I hate it when I'm in my car and I get stuck behind a load of cyclists travelling as fast as I am!
    Faster than a tent.......