Trails around Luton (Bedfordshire)

dazt8
dazt8 Posts: 5
edited November 2012 in Routes
Hi,

Does anyone know of any good trails? I live in the stopsley area of Luton so trails around Hitchin and Harpenden ways would also be good. I have seen Aston Hill and Chicksands which i think will be ideal for a weekend but are both a bit far to travel to in the evenings after work etc so am looking for something abit closer.

Any help would be much appericated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Bit of a delay... but try meeting up with the Hitchin guys:

viewtopic.php?f=10014&t=12849464&start=20

John organises and they tend to ride trails between Hitchin and Luton, would be a good way to learn them.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Sorry only just seen this. There are lots of trails around Woburn. Have a bit of everything from easy fire roads to more technical XC singletrack and even a bike park area with mahossive jumps for DH and Freeride types.
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    I'm local to Woburn. Happy to show you where the trails are - they can be hard to find if you don't know where you are going as it's not like a centre where there are marked routes.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • I've been riding 20yrs and was dragged up in Luton, just off Crawley green road, so you neck off woods, use to find lots of trails around for a quick 90min blap, sadly couldn't give you details, but they are there!... Now live in Berkhamsted

There are plenty of tracks out towards Dunstable Downs which links into Ashridge forest n Ridgeway and can cycle from there to get to Ashton Hills

If you fancy Harpenden, then my crowd have done joint rides with OTT bike club based there... Try local bike store in St Albans, they can give you contact details

Woburn is fun, but take one guys above up on their offer, helps if you know where your going!

Good luck and enjoy your biking!.... N being a Liton boy myself, look after your bike, I had 2 nicked way back when life's there, things even worse now!