To the nasty piece of work on Lockfield Drive this morning

TheEnglishman
TheEnglishman Posts: 587
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
Lighten up and learn to be civil you nasty piece of work. Cycling behind someone when they are slowing on an uphill section when there's traffic behind is an occupational hazard when you are cycling. Being shouty, ignorant and I'll mannered shows you for what you are.

So learn to lighten up and be civil if you so strenuously (perhaps look this word up in a dictionary) object to someone cycling behind you.

Comments

• estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    just because they ride a bike does not mean they are nice people

look at MP's, they come across as open progressive thinkers

see what happens when they get in power........
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    He got annoyed with you as you were cycling behind him going up a hill?
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Haha, what a hero.

I wonder, does he speed up when he gets tailgated in his car?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I don't understand.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • kevess
    kevess Posts: 186
    Had the same sort of thing in RP this morning, the speed limit is 20 mph but many cars, and in reality not that many bikes, travel at c. 23/25 mph.

I was behind what I think was a black Vauxhall Insignia, he's doing 23mph and so am I, he then notices me, drops to 20 mph, gives me a prolonged wash with his windscreen washers, then starts to brake time and again for, as far as I can see, is no aparent reason.

To be honest I thought he was just a cautious, maybe timid, driver and the wash was accidental.

However, I then indicate right and move to the middle of the road and as I make the turn I get the w*nk*r hand out the driver's window.

I was totally and utterly bemused. As my Granny used to say "more to be pitied than scorned."