Ever heard of Geax Tires?

richardjiles
richardjiles Posts: 137
edited August 2012 in MTB general
Came with my bike and usually the ones that come with the bike aren't to impressive but man I must say I like these, never heard of the brand before too...

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Grip and compound can be ok sometimes on OE, just steel beaded.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I run some geax tires on my bike - folding bead, grippy enough, decent tread, ok rolling - mine were free and are surviving well so I am happy with them - will replace them with a Purg and a Captain in due course (or a new bike)
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Quite well respected tyres, just not so well known or advertised in the UK for some reason.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Because they aren't Schwaxxisminrobhighronmudxyzs
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yes.
    I have been using Loco Lobos :D
    Excellent tyres
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I have a folding Geax Loco Lobo that I take as a spare in the car, just in case I completely destroy a tyre but am close enough to the car to get back and change it and then carry on riding. It hasn't been used.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Italian firm, never made it so big over here - Their Ultralight is good for normo's too. Good balance of low weight and puncture prevention for general riding. I.e. it's lighter than a normal tube, but isnt condom thin like what XC whippits would use.

They re biggest business is Shoes, they re sort of the "Clarks" of Italy, They sponsored a Pro Tour team a few years back and pulled out in a somewhat contraversial manner leaving a lot of people in the lurch.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Mateys bike came with Geax Saguaro (?) tyres. On the sidewalls it says 'grip' in one direction and 'speed' on the other.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    .blitz wrote:
    Mateys bike came with Geax Saguaro (?) tyres. On the sidewalls it says 'grip' in one direction and 'speed' on the other.
    I had one of those and it was excellent until the sidewalls cracked
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • kieron_67
    kieron_67 Posts: 161
    edited August 2012
    got geax aka tyres on mine pretty good tryes tbh they seem to wear quite quickly but have served me well. not the most gripyest of tryes i have had though. These are more of an intermediate
  • YeehaaMcgee
    If they wear out quickly, and don't grip well, but you still call them "good" tyres, I'd hate to imagine what you'd call "terrible" ones.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    If they wear out quickly, and don't grip well, but you still call them "good" tyres, I'd hate to imagine what you'd call "terrible" ones.

Perhaps his others dont inflate or something.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • kieron_67
    Lol coming from the maxxis i had before them these are a million times better
  • YeehaaMcgee
    kieron_67 wrote:
    Lol coming from the maxxis i had before them these are a million times better
    HOW?
  • kieron_67
    The maxxis tyres (think they were rancheros ill have double xhexk) i had seemed to always be getting punctures. Weather that was the way i ride or it was down to the tryes i dont know. But been on the geax for a fair few month now and havent suffered from the same problem yet.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    9758.jpg

Rancheros. They're not up to par with normal maxxis offerings. RRP only £17.
  • kieron_67
    yea there the ones, they were on the cheaper side when i brought them.