Tues 21st - Rivvy, Lee Quarry

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited August 2012 in MTB rides
Anybody up for a run tuesday night?

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I did Lee and Cragg today, I might pop up and do both again tomorrow night. I'm slow though, but I'll say hello if you are about.
  • DodgeT
    Will only be going for a play anyway, not into speed.

What time you up?
  • mcnultycop
    I reckon about 1600.
  • mcnultycop
    I'll be on the bright green Canyon if you are about, I will be there about 1600. I'll do the same as I did yesterday, so up from the car park, stand around "looking at the view" (i.e. recovering) then I'll do the first half of Lee, to the bit off to the left which links to the Cragg link trail, do Cragg (including some looking at the view), then back to the bit of Lee I turned off then finish off Lee, possibly embarrassing myself on the pump tracks at some point.
  • DodgeT
    Would be more like 7 time i'm there, plus weather's gone poo so may just take the dog for a run instead. If i'm up, i'll keep an eye out for you.
  • mcnultycop
    I went up, weather was terrible until I got out of the car, then it was OK. I got over to Cragg and the heavens opened, water on the inside of my glasses, the works. I did the first little bit of Cragg then headed back, so only did a couple of hours or so.

In brighter news the road back to the car park was like a river, so I didn't have to clean my bike.
  • DodgeT
    Glad you got a ride in.

Ended up going up rivvy instead, on foot with my l'il dog. Turned out lovely weather, sandwiches at the top of winter hill and met some chaps and ended up talking bikes for 1/2 an hour.

Chorley-20120821-00267.jpg
  • mcnultycop
    Nice enough. I'm off to the Lakes for the next three days, but can't take my bike, so I was getting ride in tonight whatever happened.
  • bjj.andy.w
    bjj.andy.w Posts: 111
    Going to the lakes and not taking your bike? :o
    * take yourself into the corner of the room and have a quiet word with yourself* :D
    When you go to the ground you are in my world. My world is the ocean. I am the shark and most people don't know how to swim
  • mcnultycop
    I know, I know. We couldn't get two nights in our usual B&B, so have had to get one there and one at another. The new one doesn't have secure bike storage, and the faff of shifting my bike around constantly would just annoy me. I've tried to make up for it with double Lee Quarry this week (and will possibly head up on Sunday morning too).