BMX Questions

lankystreakofpee
lankystreakofpee Posts: 52
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

Bit of a lurker on here, but I pluck up the courage to type now and again :-)

* Skip to the bottom if you CBA to read the next bit... *

After watching the BMX at the Olympics and reading a few BMX relating threads (e.g. CWNT buying advise thread) I was quite keen to have a go.

Now, I was at a friends house yesterday with the kids and my son (age 9) was mucking about on a tiny bike suitable for a 5 year old. I suggested he should try a manual and explained how to do it and after about 10 minutes he was manualling across the lawn and doing a few small bunny hops. Proud dad!

So, obviously I'm now thinking I should buy a BMX for my son so he can learn some tricks and I can have a sneaky go on it now and again as well. This also seems like the perfect way to get it past the finance controller :-)

I now have a few questions for the BMX experts as I have no idea whatsoever (the last time I had a BMX, it had mag wheels in the 80's).

Is it possible to buy 1 bike which would be small enough for a 9 year old, and big enough for a 6' 3" bloke? Does it matter if I look like a giant riding a kids bike?

I have found a "We The People Justice" 2012 model for sale fairly locally which seems to get good reviews - would this make a good starter bike?

It's this model: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/wethepeople-justice-2012/?referid=googwig&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=RTC_wethepeople&utm_adgroup=P_wethepeople_Justice+2012&utm_term=wethepeople+justice+2012+exact&gclid=CIiY4qjK9rECFYQhtAodyDEANA

Any advise will be gratefully received. Cheers!