Sodbury Sportive - Inaugural Event

arlowood
arlowood Posts: 2,561
Completed the 60 mile route yesterday on the inaugural Sodbury Sportive - event website link below.

http://www.sodburysportive.co.uk/index.asp

From my limited experience of these events this one was very well organised with excellent signage which included "distance covered" markers every 10 miles and also distance to feed stations as appropriate. There were also markers showing the profiles of the significant climbs with suitable names (Hawkesbury Horror, Tresham Terror etc). A nice touch but a bit discouraging for an old fart like me who would rather not know what pain lay ahead.

The 60 mile route had just under 4000ft (1200m) of climbing so it was a fairly stiff test for anybody's legs. A minor criticism was that the tough climbs all came in the first half of the route with the second half being fairly flat and featureless.

I'm sure they'll iron out these minor niggles for next year.

Definitely worth flagging for next year if you live within easy reach of Chipping Sodbury.

PS I have no connection to the organisers. Only did it because my brother lives in Yate and I could blag a bed from him overnight