Best Bike for £1000 - Help with Ribble?

mwsedgwick
mwsedgwick Posts: 17
edited August 2012 in Road general
Afternoon

I know that this question has probably been asked 100 times but i really need some support with my purchase - I've had a steady bike for a couple of years but want to upgrade now i'm out and about more

I'm looking to spend £1000 approx - I've read the Bike Radar reviews on bikes under £1000, some of which i like

What would people recommend?

I really like the Ribble Stealth - what are people thoughts on Ribble and the Stealth in particualr?

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Redsteveb
    Redsteveb Posts: 201
    Hi, my mate bought a Ribble a couple of years ago and loves it. Carbon Frame with SRAM Apex etc and I think he paid about £1100 or so.

He'd be happy to give you some advice but isn't on the forum. If you wanted to let me have your e mail address I'll ask him to drop you a line and provide you with as much info as required.

Here's a pic of my mate stood by his Ribble, taken a week ago in France where we did a fair bit of riding;

025-1.jpg
  • dodgerdog
    dodgerdog Posts: 292
    I think you wil find that the vast majority of Ribble owners are more than happy with their purchase. There can be some teething problems with stock availability of you are not using the special editions but in terms of value they are very difficult to beat.
    I have a Gran Fondo and have now done some c3500Km in the last 18 months and enjoyed every one of them on the bike. I am just about to replace the headset as it is starting to grate, otherwise it has been a great bike managing to get my ass around the likes of the Dragon Ride and other sportives.
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • d4evr
    d4evr Posts: 293
    I took delivery of my Stealth a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Light, responsive and great looking IMO. I cannot fault it at all or Ribble. During my build they emailed me to say they did not have any of the Fulcrum 3 wheels I wanted, they offered me an upgrade to Mavic Ksyriums a wheelset that was £40 more expensive than the Fulcrum's for an extra £20. Can't say fairer than that.
  • rsands
    rsands Posts: 60
    I bought a planet x sl pro carbon bike....£999 all be it without the pedals. Great bike for the money.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FBP ... _bike_2012