Trek elite

bonk71
bonk71 Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello, i'm getting a bike on the bike to work scheme (up to £1000) i would prefer to buy local, used for cannel paths, forest rides, commuting and a little off the beaten track riding. I have the choice of Trek, Cannondale, Marin, Whyte, Genesis, or cube etc via a mail order delivery. I have given the Trek Elite 8.5 serious consideration but only via the internet the shop don't carry it in stock. What are your views on the Trek Elite 8.5 or could money be better spent elsewhere ?

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Links to ones you can actually buy on your scheme?

Do love the fact you are using the C2W scheme and that's third on your list of uses!
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    bonk71 wrote:
    Hello, i'm getting a bike on the bike to work scheme (up to £1000) i would prefer to buy local, used for cannel paths, forest rides, commuting and a little off the beaten track riding. I have the choice of Trek, Cannondale, Marin, Whyte, Genesis, or cube etc via a mail order delivery. I have given the Trek Elite 8.5 serious consideration but only via the internet the shop don't carry it in stock. What are your views on the Trek Elite 8.5 or could money be better spent elsewhere ?
    http://www.cube.eu/en/hard/ltd/ltd-pro-black-anodized/
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011