What mtb? (£1000 budget)

benlechef
benlechef Posts: 16
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Am looking for a new upgrade up to £1000 spend...my old ones just been nicked by some low life scumbag!!!

Have done a little scanning through the mags and online but am left unsure by the sheer level of choice available...and the sale season is upon us so that ups the level again! Earlier in the year i had in mind the Boardman ht pro as it has a very positive review across the board although i am slightly put off by the fact its sold through Halford's or is that just being unneccessarily picky?
I generally ride wooded trail/bridleways so reckon hardtail is the way to go, but want something capable of tackling a little more when i venture out a little further from home.
Any advice would be welcome

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Picky
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • symanoy
    symanoy Posts: 123
    If your after a hardtail the Boardman pro is a solid contender, great value for money, great spec, and a really solid bike that's light enough for XC but with slacker angles, 120mm fork and wider bar can handle alot more aggressive riding too,
    My Godfather bought one recently, ive had a quick ride and enjoyed it, you'll struggle to find a better value hardtail for 1000
    Giant Trance X2 Build Sadly since stolen!
    replaced with Giant Trance MKII
  • cheers symanoy, the reviews all sound good but its handy to hear views from a 'joe public' that shares a similar view...gonna organise a test ride i think. thasnks
  • Robf43
    Robf43 Posts: 9
    Hi,

I've been looking at the Boardman pro but im 6.4ft would a large frame be to small for me ? why don't they do a extra large frame in the boardman range.

Cheers

Rob.
  • cooldad
    Go and sit one one and find out.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Robf43
    Robf43 Posts: 9
    Thanks for the advise "cooldad" your the man !
  • cooldad
    Robf43 wrote:
    Thanks for the advise "cooldad" your the man !
    I am, unless that's sarcasm, but either way it's you're.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools