I need a road route near Afan

BintanMan
BintanMan Posts: 11
Morning all,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been riding on and off for a few years. I class myself as a beginner because running has always been my first fitness regime. I have bike I put together myself, made from a 2001 Allez Sport frame and a few components I got my hands on back around 2003/4. I do like my bike and have thus far managed to avoid the temptation of upgrading :?

Anyway in March this year several of us went on a 3-day weekend to MTB in the Afan area. It's tough and not really for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it (looking back) but road cycling is my favourite.

In October we are going back, and I have suggested to those who didn't enjoy near death that we should take our road bikes and find a couple of nice loops.

If anyone has any experience of this fantastic part of the country and can suggest a couple of low-end intermediate routes it would be fantastic. With regards distance - maybe 30-50km. Probably more towards the 30km mark if the hills are big! Oh yeah we will need a cafe and a pub, probably. Prefer rural with less traffic if possible.

Much appreciated.