Who owns a Ribble?

2»

Comments

• I have had the Gran Fondo for 3 years now so about 11,000 miles on the clock- I did have drop out crack issue but Ribble where very good in dealing with this so now have the 2013 frame which has the carbon steering tube. No problems with this frame and cannot fault the bike, looks good & rides well. I am 5' 8" so chose medium size which is perfect for me. Chorus group set, Deda Stem & seat post. Wheels are on the heavy side but planning on building up some lighter wheels over the winter.

9c6656d2-1bb2-41c5-8a81-8b4ffc456341_zps478004a8.jpg

Have had a steel framed bike in the past & my bike before was a Terry Dolan aluminum frame and in my humble option the Ribble is far better bike especially on longer rides. My winter bike is an very old steel 501 Peugeot Triathlon with 7 speed down-tube shifters, not a fair comparison with the Gran Fondo but all I can say is roll on summer :D
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    CC1981 wrote:
    i owned a ribble sportive bianco for 2 years and adored it - had a boardman before.
    it got stolen 3 weeks ago and i felt like i d lost a limb....now deciding whether to order the same again or go for the r872, and leave my love affair with the bianco. mine is mainly for a 100mile commute each week and then sunday rides and the odd/rare sportive or london to brighton/paris with work

Having had a Boardman and a Ribble, instead of buying another Ribble why not get something better? You'll like it more

Like what? Genuine question, not sarcasm.
    I've got an ally Ribble 7046 sportive which I love. I built it myself to the spec I fancied, more to re familiarise myself with the jobs I'd not done for 30 years, and to me it really is a great bike. It ticks all my aged boxes so far.
    I'm not fast, and too old to get much faster, and I prefer the slightly more up right sportive style position.
    I was going to down grade my 7046 to winter bike status (purely for the convenience and individual snobbery factors we all subscribe to) and get a nice new carbon Ribble frame for the odd sunny day we might see.
    I know I like the Ribble sportive style of positioning and the sizing already, so who does "better" frames in the £500 price bracket then, and how do you know you'll like them more without actually riding them?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I was enjoying riding my ribble so much I sold my Cervelo R3.

Just got back from a nice ride now...

AE261390-C272-41A8-9683-15070BEF9FCA-1039-0000015EF02ADB2C_zps81f1ef27.jpg
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    To whoever was complaining about a 3 week delay from ordering to delivery:-

I got the shock of my life when Epic phoned to say my bike was ready after 2 weeks; I hadn't found the right moment to tell my wife!
  • My budget is around 1000 and tbh I've enjoyed the Bianco so much that I'm of the theory if it ain't broke.....and to me a ribble is more unique than the 100's of specialized, trek, giants etc I see each day on my commute. The amount of people when stopped at lights that asked over the years about the Bianco and I had nothing but good to say.
    For me at 1k budget ribble is the best vfm and suits my non racing needs.

Think I'm gonna go for the r872 anyway via the ride to work scheme too :) and then pay some extra
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,062
    Tonybanham wrote:
    I have had the Gran Fondo for 3 years now so about 11,000 miles on the clock- I did have drop out crack issue but Ribble where very good in dealing with this so now have the 2013 frame which has the carbon steering tube. No problems with this frame and cannot fault the bike, looks good & rides well. I am 5' 8" so chose medium size which is perfect for me. Chorus group set, Deda Stem & seat post. Wheels are on the heavy side but planning on building up some lighter wheels over the winter.

9c6656d2-1bb2-41c5-8a81-8b4ffc456341_zps478004a8.jpg

Have had a steel framed bike in the past & my bike before was a Terry Dolan aluminum frame and in my humble option the Ribble is far better bike especially on longer rides. My winter bike is an very old steel 501 Peugeot Triathlon with 7 speed down-tube shifters, not a fair comparison with the Gran Fondo but all I can say is roll on summer :D

sweet jesus fella nice bike but do you work in a coal mine of something look at that bar tape :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Many Thanks.
    Sorry about the tape, no I am not working 'down 't pit' sadly only one coal mine left in South Yorkshire.
    It is impossible to keep clean & is a text book example of why not to have white tape. May be some new tape will make me faster!
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited November 2013
    Dodgerdog wrote:
    Sentral,

Noting your location, if you would like to try out my GF give me a PM and lets see what we can sort out. It is a Large, and I am 1.78m, fits perfectly with a 100mm stem.

I hit this thread halfway through, and assumed 'GF' meant Girlfriend.

Try reading it substituting Girlfriend, it's a classic post right to the end!
  • napoleond
    mfin wrote:
    Dodgerdog wrote:
    Sentral,

Noting your location, if you you like to try out my GF give me a PM and lets see what we can sort out. It is a Large, and I am 1.78m, fits perfectly with a 100mm stem.

I LOLd :D
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    mfin wrote:
    Dodgerdog wrote:
    Sentral,

Noting your location, if you you like to try out my GF give me a PM and lets see what we can sort out. It is a Large, and I am 1.78m, fits perfectly with a 100mm stem.

Best post ever :D
  • velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I was enjoying riding my ribble so much I sold my Cervelo R3.

Just got back from a nice ride now...

AE261390-C272-41A8-9683-15070BEF9FCA-1039-0000015EF02ADB2C_zps81f1ef27.jpg

Love those Alu Ribbles.
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    Regrets, I've had a few... and a few Ribbles too..

10759971805_7662ac7bda_h.jpg

10760054326_eaa3ee8923_h.jpg

4641259769_d776eb4455_b.jpg

10760058404_ce20e364ec_h.jpg
  • napoleond
    philwint wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Dodgerdog wrote:
    Sentral,

Best post ever :D

Post of 2013 for me...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Superb post :lol::lol:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Semantik wrote:
    Regrets, I've had a few... and a few Ribbles too..

10759971805_7662ac7bda_h.jpg

10760054326_eaa3ee8923_h.jpg

4641259769_d776eb4455_b.jpg

10760058404_ce20e364ec_h.jpg

Are you sure you haven't stolen the showroom?!
    Faster than a tent.......