Advice needed bike for £200 maximum

Sgray
Sgray Posts: 79
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys, sorry for another question. My neighbour is looking for a bike for her son, for Christmas. She has a budget of £200 maximum. I saw that another forum user had asked same question and was advised to get a Decathlon Rockrider 5.1 or 5.2. Her son is 13 and he borrowed my wife's Marin Pioneer Trail (men's medium) and it didn't seem too big for him.

Is there any other bikes you would recommend, I think it would need to be a HT.

Also I am looking for a MTB for my son, he will be 7 soon and he wants a bike "like Daddy's" so I need a recommendation for a Kid's HT bike. I have seen a Merida? which looked quite good, the most I could get the wife to agree to is probably £200.

Sorry again for seeming to only use the forums for asking questions, but my bike knowledge is a bit lacking.

Thank you again for any advice you can give.

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Sgray wrote:
    Hi guys, sorry for another question. My neighbour is looking for a bike for her son, for Christmas. She has a budget of £200 maximum. I saw that another forum user had asked same question and was advised to get a Decathlon Rockrider 5.1 or 5.2. Her son is 13 and he borrowed my wife's Marin Pioneer Trail (men's medium) and it didn't seem too big for him.

Is there any other bikes you would recommend, I think it would need to be a HT.

Also I am looking for a MTB for my son, he will be 7 soon and he wants a bike "like Daddy's" so I need a recommendation for a Kid's HT bike. I have seen a Merida? which looked quite good, the most I could get the wife to agree to is probably £200.

Sorry again for seeming to only use the forums for asking questions, but my bike knowledge is a bit lacking.

Thank you again for any advice you can give.
    for your lad, if it fits http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165602 , as for your neighbour, decathlon are probably the best at that price
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011