Colnago Dream Lux & Cannondale Supersix Team

Paulj-TT
Paulj-TT Posts: 31
edited January 2013 in Your road bikes
Hi All,

I'd thought I'd finally add my garage - Although the 1982 Peugeot Racer is missing from below!

I've just finished the Cannondale this week, and the Colnago has been in the house for the last 6 years from new.

There are a couple others lurking in the house but currently in too many bits to show.

Pics:
DSC_7591.jpg
DSC_7597.jpg
DSC_7602.jpg

Frame: Colnago Dream Lux
Forks: Colnago Star
Bars: Deda
Stem: Deda Zero
Headset: FSA Orbit 1"
Bar Tape: Fizik

Front Brake Lever: Campagnolo Chorus Carbon
Front Caliper: Zero Gravity Titanium
Rear Brake Lever: Campagnolo Chorus Carbon
Rear Caliper: Zero Gravity Titanium

Front Mech: Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed
Rear Mech: Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed

Seat: San Marco Aspide - Full Carbon
Seat Post: Alien Carbon

Cranks: Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed

Wheels: FSA RD-488 - No decals.
Tire: Tufo s33

Weight: Around 16lbs - But not checked recently after upgrades!

Pics:
DSC_7578.jpg
DSC_7589.jpg
DSC_7586.jpg

Frame: Cannondale Super Six 2012 Team colours
Forks: As above
Bars: Cannondale C3
Stem: Cannondale C3
Headset: Supersix
Bar Tape: Cannondale

Front Brake Lever: SRAM Red
Front Caliper: FRM CL2 - Titanium
Rear Brake Lever: SRAM Red
Rear Caliper: Caliper: FRM CL2 - Titanium

Front Mech: SRAM Red
Rear Mech: SRAM Red

Seat: Prologo T2.0
Seat Post: Cannondale C3 Carbon

Cranks: SRAM Red - Black Edition
Chain: X10 SL
Cassette: SRAM Red

Wheels: SPIN Industries Carbon Tubular 50mm, 1300grms!
Tire: Tufo <160grms 20mm

Accessories: Carbon Front mech hanger

Weight: 14.6lbs with Syntace Stem & bars, Alien seat post. Current weight nearer 15lb?

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Nice bikes! They do look really good...

Where did you take those photos? It reminds me of the Canal-side in Exeter :)

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Paulj-TT
    Hi,

Yep I live on the Quay in Exeter! Couldn't miss a chance to nip out tonight and get the shots.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Lovely Dream :)

I'm 'borrowing' one off a mate at the moment. He may not get it back...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • declan1
    Paulj-TT wrote:
    Hi,

Yep I live on the Quay in Exeter! Couldn't miss a chance to nip out tonight and get the shots.

Now that brings back some memories :) I used to live in Newton-Abbot, so we went to Exeter for a walk down the canal occasionally. I remember the cafe near where you took that photo (I think), where they have a load of antiques for sale?

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Paulj-TT
    Yep still there, and i'm afraid more coffee shops to stop on Sunday morning's to have a quick snack break.

Although the roads around Exeter are amazing in all directions, hills and flats so the choice is good.
  • Both stunning!
  • declan1
    Paulj-TT wrote:
    Yep still there, and i'm afraid more coffee shops to stop on Sunday morning's to have a quick snack break.

Although the roads around Exeter are amazing in all directions, hills and flats so the choice is good.

Make sure you do plenty of repeats on telegraph hill! :lol:

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• The Dream is lovely.

I have to ask why the Tufo tyres on the 'six though? They are like riding on garden hose :shock:
  • When you say that the Colnago has been in the house for 6 years from new, are you saying that you've never ridden it?!
  • skooter
    skooter Posts: 264
    Both look great... :)
  • Paulj-TT
    I like the 20mm Tufo's yes they are a hard ride but I like that!

And the Dream lives in the house, comes out on sunny days and is lucky to do 10 rides a year!It's my OCD, or as the girlfriend say's my mistress.

I've just purchased a Syntace F99 stem with Titanium bolts and matching bars for her..
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Beautiful bikes. I love the Colnago, I couldnt resist the temptation to ride it though.
  • So you wake up early,the suns already shining and its one of those really rare HOT summer days...........what one do you ride :?
  • Paulj-TT
    Well if the forecast is 100% sunshine then the Dream, but if a slight chance of rain then the Giant TCR comes out.

I'm after a C40 or C50 to use as my main ride, just waiting to complete a deal on one and then the TCR can go.
  • ed_j
    ed_j Posts: 335
    Nice bikes, the colnago's a beaut. But am I the only one that wants to see the Peugeot?
  • Paulj-TT
    LOL - You are a mean man, I'll take a shot before the weekend and get it loaded just for you! It's totally original apart from the saddle & bar tape.

I was given it by a friend 2 years ago who had owned it from new - And never grew in to it (As his mum promised he would).
  • declan1
    Paulj-TT wrote:
    LOL - You are a mean man, I'll take a shot before the weekend and get it loaded just for you! It's totally original apart from the saddle & bar tape.

I was given it by a friend 2 years ago who had owned it from new - And never grew in to it (As his mum promised he would).

A friend of mine found an old Peugeot racer in a skip while ago and gave it to me. I've completely refurbished it and re-painted it and it's nearly done! I'm giving it to my dad as he doesn't have a road bike. I'll show you mine if you show us yours haha! :lol:

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Kal85
    Kal85 Posts: 17
    The colnago is a beaut! She needs to be taken out for a ride
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    How does the Dream ride in comparison to the SuperSix?
  • Hi,

Sorry been in big smoke for a few days so not been online.

The Dream is amazing, the frame is quick but so smooth, similar to a Litespeed Sienna I had for a while, against the Cannondale they are like chalk and cheese. My Colnago is my favourite bike ever, if you get a chance to ride or own one do it.

Supersix is just plain fast, hard and fun, and now SOLD!

It's made way for a Specialized Mclaren frameset! Oh dear the misses is really gonna kill me.

Photos on way when the coast is clear to get it home from work..
  • Paulj - what are the spin wheels like ???
    I may be slow going up but i will pass you going down !
  • Hi AW1808,

Spin wheels are really nice, great quality, hubs are very well built and feel super strong - LIGHT! as the total weight with tyres tape & valve in at 1698grms. Weight Weenies apply here..

And all for a price of well under 1/2 the alleged top quality wheels - I've tried Zipp 404's, Campagnolo Bora's etc, and to be honest the Spin's are awesome, the other wheels I run are the FSA RD-488 and these too are a great usable set of Carbon wheels.

They don't like cork pads and smell like burning and leave marks, so better running a FSA brake pad which always sounds like you have sandpaper being applied to the wheel, but work and don't cause any damage, or a set of Swissstop or Bontrager are good options that I've tried.
  • Hi AW1808,

Spin wheels are really nice, great quality, hubs are very well built and feel super strong - LIGHT! as the total weight with tyres tape & valve in at 1698grms. Weight Weenies apply here..

And all for a price of well under 1/2 the alleged top quality wheels - I've tried Zipp 404's, Campagnolo Bora's etc, and to be honest the Spin's are awesome, the other wheels I run are the FSA RD-488 and these too are a great usable set of Carbon wheels.

They don't like cork pads and smell like burning and mark, so better running a FSA brake pad which always sounds like you have sandpaper being applied to the wheel, but work and don't cause any damage, or a set of Swissstop or Bontrager are good options that I've tried.
  • Hello ,

Thanks for the usefull info , i stumbled across the spin wheels by acciddent and couldnt find a lot on them and i have ordered a set of 38 mm as a bit of a treat with generous donations from the family for my birthday and selling a set of dura ace c24's. I had a good chat with Drew at Spin and they have built them for my weight etc and im extremely pleased with Spin cyles just didnt know how they are like on the road as they are my first set of carbons .

Thanks for the feedback and i cant wait till the postman arrives on friday with them ! :D
    I may be slow going up but i will pass you going down !
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    @paulj_TT

Thanks for the review/comparison.

The reason I ask is that I have a Dream Mapei and I've recently bought a Six13 frame. With these and others, room in the bike shed is getting tight (and the missus' 'understanding' is getting stretched thin (and not without reason)). I've been considering selling something. I'm really attached to the Dream (smooth, planted and responsive ride as you say and a beautiful, nostalgic frame to boot) but the ride is somewhat similar/redundant to the 'Sunday best' titanium bike. I haven't ridden (or even built up) the Six13 yet and am loathe to sell anything before giving it a proper go. Might have to try flying under the missus' radar for a while longer (and maybe get a bigger shed).

PS - Lovely pics. I look forward to seeing some of the Specialized Mclaren.
  • Firstly I have a confession that I'm not ashamed of, I've fallen for the Dream and am now pretty damn obsessed with finding one for myself, so thanks for the inspiration.

Secondly, where is this Mclaren frameset? Need to see that one badly.
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Firstly I have a confession that I'm not ashamed of, I've fallen for the Dream and am now pretty damn obsessed with finding one for myself, so thanks for the inspiration.

Every time I see a picture of a vintage Colnago I feel like that.

The Dream is awesome although not sure about the wheels.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Carl_P wrote:
    Firstly I have a confession that I'm not ashamed of, I've fallen for the Dream and am now pretty damn obsessed with finding one for myself, so thanks for the inspiration.

Every time I see a picture of a vintage Colnago I feel like that.

The Dream is awesome although not sure about the wheels.

The Dream can hardly be defined a vintage Colnago... it's not even steel! :x
    left the forum March 2023

• The Dream can hardly be defined a vintage Colnago... it's not even steel! :x

touchy much?

They are late 90's early 00's aren't they? Anyway I love this one and when the next nice frame comes up its mine