anti-fog tip

jeannot18
jeannot18 Posts: 720
edited August 2012 in MTB beginners
Just bought a new pair of Bolle glasses (clear lens), the previous pair, different model were really good, but took the new ones for a ride today, I know it was really hot, but they kept giving me aggro. What do you guys use for preventing misting your glasses. I have heard of rubbing some toothpaste, other than that anything else?
Thanks
JC
Pédale ou crève
Specialized Elite Allez with 105
Rockrider 8.1 : )

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    soap. like pears soap. or some rainx anti fog.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jeannot18
    nicklouse wrote:
    soap. like pears soap. or some rainx anti fog.
    So do you just apply the soap and don't rinse with clear water? Thanks
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    Baby shampoo, rinse off, or get some mask de fog from your local scuba store. Or rub with a potato, the starch helps.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I used to spit in my mask. Not sure about glasses though.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    They dont fog up if you are going fast enough.

Seriously though I rode an hour up hill in 30 degrees in mine the other day and they only fogged if I stopped and cleared when I started moving again so what I say above.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Soapy water/ washing up liquid is an old motor bike favourite. Just wipe until the smears are gone, don't wash off.
    Or, as mentioned above, spit. Divers do this on their goggles, and get no/minimal air flow, so if it works for them.........
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067

Seriously though I rode an hour up hill in 30 degrees in mine the other day and they only fogged if I stopped and cleared when I started moving again so what I say above.

This. Mine only fog up when I stop
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • jeannot18

This. Mine only fog up when I stop

Yes fine when you are on your own and can take your time . But for example yesterday I went out with a faster group, and I was lagging behind, by the time I was catching with the group (waiting for the slower riders) they would go again and my glasses will start misting and I had trouble to keep up as I could not see properly. I ended up taking the glasses off, which it is not an option as I am blind from one eye and can afford any accident on the other one.
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Tell the fcukers to wait another 3o seconds when you arrive at the back of the waiting group.
  • Cat Crap
  • BigAirNig
    BigAirNig Posts: 296
    Or ... try some other glasses ... it may just be the shape of what you have, compared to the shape of your face, is not a good match for air flow ... !

Review of the Pro-Lite Rovigo mentions how they let air in well and didn't fog at all - so I may try a pair myself soon, as it's been a problem with my Bloc glasses too.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... o-10-39423

Nig
    Rocky Mountain Altitude 50 (+ upgrades.....!)