endura hummvee liner??

bikemanspen
bikemanspen Posts: 101
edited August 2012 in MTB general
Ok so a couple of my mates ride with the bib/brace things with abit of padding around the butt. my question is will the liner in the hummvees do the same type of job.

Thanks in advance Ben.
Cube agree pro 2013
Trek fuel ex8 2009 (rootbeer)

Comments

• Cool il be getting a pair of them then.

Thanks mate
    Cube agree pro 2013
    Trek fuel ex8 2009 (rootbeer)
  • Padded liners in the endura shorts are Very good! Don't worry about keeping them attatched to the shorts though! Never used the clickfast bit other than when they were hung up in the shop!!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Eyeballs
    Eyeballs Posts: 22
    These were my first 'ass paddage' and the comfort was nice. I'm now a bib convert (helps keep the cold offa my back!) and i love them. Only downside is having to 'get it out' (though not everyone has pad on skin) when you get to your start point!
  • bazza333
    bazza333 Posts: 86
    Hummvee shorts and liners are excellent.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Didn't like the liners in my Humvees one little bit but fortunately I managed to convince the lbs to let me buy the baggies without the liner.

If you want some proper undershort you need some Mavic Stratos
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I find the liners are fine for MTB rides where you're out of the saddle most of the time, but proper bib shorts are definitely more comfortable.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • equinefunk
    equinefunk Posts: 323
    I think the liner was ok until I tried better shorts. It depends on the rides that you do whether you need bibshorts or shorts with a better liner. I know for a 25 mile xc ride I wouldn't spend most of my time out of the saddle.
    I'm over 6' and have quite a large head.
  • in fairness, ive only used the one that came with my Madison shorts when i first got some, the endura ones that came with my humvee's and also the 8 panel one i got extra, and the ones that came with my Fox shorts, of them thae Endura ones are the best,
    i do have some Speg bib shorts i got from cycleclothing.co.uk which i used for a while but reverted back to the endura ones,
    i suppose it also depends on what saddle your butt likes and how much padding you already have! ;-)
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Too much bib short fetish in here. Nearest I get to lycra is hidden under the Endura baggies. Never bothered with the branded liners, just any old cheap padded cycle shorts.
  • equinefunk
    equinefunk Posts: 323
    deadkenny wrote:
    Too much bib short fetish in here. Nearest I get to lycra is hidden under the Endura baggies. Never bothered with the branded liners, just any old cheap padded cycle shorts.
    Nothing better than romping around in a tightfitting lycra mankini.....I wear mine under shorts though when I'm out in public.
    I'm over 6' and have quite a large head.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    deadkenny wrote:

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That's what Fred West said.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I have two pairs and there is a big difference in the quality of my old pair vs. the quality of the pair purchased last year. The latest one are rubbish and not as good as my LIDL "Cycling Underpants". Have a good feel of the padding and compare to other brands. Bit of a let down really.