Your Top 5

baldwin471
baldwin471 Posts: 366
edited October 2012 in The bottom bracket
Noticed we haven't got one of these, give us your top five songs. Can be any genre/era etc. I'll get it started

1 - Rod Stewart - The Killing Of Georgie (Parts 1 &2)
2 - Michael Jackson - Rock With You
3 - Billy Ocean - The Long And Winding Road (I know it's a Beatles cover but i love it)
4 - Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
5 - Rod Stewart - Handbags And Gladrags

Honorary mention - The Four Tops - Do What You Gotta' Do

Lets hear them

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    According to iTunes, most played -

1. The Hurting - Tears For Fears
    2. Saturday Night - The Blue Nile
    3. Paradise Circus - Massive Attack
    4. From A Late Night Train - The Blue Nile
    5. I' Crying (Mothers Tears) - Grace Jones

From a selection of 13,516 songs.

Not necessarily the 5 that I would have picked but then I would have to think hard for too long. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • baldwin471
    daviesee wrote:
    According to iTunes, most played -

1. The Hurting - Tears For Fears
    2. Saturday Night - The Blue Nile
    3. Paradise Circus - Massive Attack
    4. From A Late Night Train - The Blue Nile
    5. I' Crying (Mothers Tears) - Grace Jones

From a selection of 13,516 songs.

Not necessarily the 5 that I would have picked but then I would have to think hard for too long. :wink:

Good taste :) Only 326 songs in my iTunes so far, then again i can't be arsed ripping all my old cd's onto the darn laptop.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    1. Shipbuilding - Elvis Costello
    2. Succumb to Me - Terence Trent D'Arby
    3. Thick as Thieves - Jam
    4. Natural Mystic - Bob Marley & the Wailers
    5. I Don't Know Why I Love You - a very young Michael Jackson

Ask tomorrow and it'll probably be five different toons!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Lacuna Coil - Enjoy the silence(Depeche Mode cover)
    Rebellion - Van Canto
    Duality - Slipknot
    Black Stone Cherry - Like I Roll
    Skillet - Awake and alive
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Brilliant, it's a while since we've had one of these.
  • 1 Led Zep - Stairway to Heaven
    2 Motorhead - Overkill
    3 Rush - Tom Sawyer
    4 Guns n Roses - Paradise City
    5 Van Halen - Jump
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Right now:

1. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
    2. Visions in Blue - Ultravox
    3. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
    4. In a Big Country - Big Country
    5. White China - Ultravox

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • daviesee
    baldwin471 wrote:
    Good taste :) Only 326 songs in my iTunes so far, then again i can't be arsed ripping all my old cd's onto the darn laptop.
    It's worth the effort assuming you have a decent hi-fi.
    Rip as lossless, digitally connect the laptop to a DAC and into the hi-fi.
    I sold my high end CD player 1 1/2 years ago and have no regrets.
  • Dog Breath
    Dog Breath Posts: 314
    I know music tastes are very personal, but 2 by Rod Stewart !! Bl**dy hell :shock:

My top 5 (if I had one) would change almost weekly. What I may have thought was brilliant 20 years ago would not be so now.

OK Here's my Top 1 at the moment

Driving Towards the Daylight by Joe Bonamassa
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • baldwin471
    daviesee wrote:
    baldwin471 wrote:
    It's worth the effort assuming you have a decent hi-fi.
    Rip as lossless, digitally connect the laptop to a DAC and into the hi-fi.
    I sold my high end CD player 1 1/2 years ago and have no regrets.

I normally listen using my headphones anyway, otherwise i get moaned at by you know who, so just plug them into the macbook and bob's your uncle. I will get around to importing the CD's eventually, but there are just so many :L
  • baldwin471
    Dog Breath wrote:
    I know music tastes are very personal, but 2 by Rod Stewart !! Bl**dy hell :shock:

My top 5 (if I had one) would change almost weekly. What I may have thought was brilliant 20 years ago would not be so now.

Haha, can't beat a bit of Rodster. I think all of my songs are from the 80's so you can tell which era i'm stuck in :lol:
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    baldwin471 wrote:
    Dog Breath wrote:

Haha, can't beat a bit of Rodster. I think all of my songs are from the 80's so you can tell which era i'm stuck in :lol:

I'm stuck in the 80's and I'm 16!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • baldwin471
    declan1 wrote:
    baldwin471 wrote:
    Dog Breath wrote:

I'm stuck in the 80's and I'm 16!

I'm only 18 fella!
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Off the top of my head -

Neil Young - Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)
    Stevie Wonder - Superstition
    Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing
    The Beatles - Revolution
    Rolling Stones - Midnight Rambler
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    love this sort of stuff

1. My world - Secret Affair
    2. Stepping Out-Joe Jackson
    3. How soon is now-The Smiths
    4. God shuffled his feet-The Crash Test Dummies
    5. Wishful thinking- China Crisis

N.B all subject to change
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • daviesee
    baldwin471 wrote:
    I normally listen using my headphones anyway, otherwise i get moaned at by you know who, so just plug them into the macbook and bob's your uncle. I will get around to importing the CD's eventually, but there are just so many :L
    Assuming you have decent earphones, look out on ebay or similar for a Beresford Caiman 7520 DAC, that what I use, both as a DAC into my hi-fi, and as a headphone Class A pre-amp. A headphone amp sounds much better than a laptop earphone connection.
    The new versions don't seem to have a USB connection. I have tried the headphone digital out of the Macbook Pro but the USB sounds better.
  • cruiser33
    cruiser33 Posts: 464
    daviesee wrote:
    baldwin471 wrote:
    Assuming you have decent earphones, look out on ebay or similar for a Beresford Caiman 7520 DAC, that what I use, both as a DAC into my hi-fi, and as a headphone Class A pre-amp. A headphone amp sounds much better than a laptop earphone connection.
    The new versions don't seem to have a USB connection. I have tried the headphone digital out of the Macbook Pro but the USB sounds better.
    I have just bought a `Pro-ject` Headbox, headphone amp to use in conjunction with my headphones on the computer.........what an improvement.
    Anway: 1. Fleetwood Mac - Go your own way
    2. Morrissey - Everyday is like Sunday
    3. OMD - Enola Gay
    4. Bellamy Brothers - Let your love flow
    5. Young the Giant - My Body
  • mongoosed
    mongoosed Posts: 315
    1 At the river-Groove Armada
    2 Ever fallen in love -Buzzcocks
    3 Atlas -Battles
    4 Smokin in the boys room-Motley Crue
    5 Darling-Sons and daughters
  • Yellow Peril
    mongoosed wrote:
    1 At the river-Groove Armada
    2 Ever fallen in love -Buzzcocks
    3 Atlas -Battles
    4 Smokin in the boys room-Motley Crue
    5 Darling-Sons and daughters

Groove Armada, top choice. They did a set at Glastonbury in 2008 and did "mutya on acid" which was absolutely brilliant.

there are a couple of versions of Kraftwerk's Tour de France that I really like. One is an extended electro/robotic/dance version that I discovered a couple of years ago on Youtube but I can't seem to find it now. If I ever save up enough money to buy an i-pod shuffle I'm putting them bad boys on it for turbo-ing
    @JaunePeril

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    I've got the top 4 posts, does that count?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Hmmm.

. The Sunshine Underground - The Chemical Brothers
    . I'm on Fire - Bruce Springsteen
    . Cowgirl - Underworld
    . Is This Love - Bob Marley
    . I Can See It In Your Face - Pretty Lights
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • jim453
    jim453 wrote:

Just in case post olympics forum members are too euphoric or too dumb to appreciate sarcasm, what I meant to say was...

These kind of threads always produce unbeleivably tragic results. This occasion being no exception.

@. Almost as bad as the 'what clothes are cool' thread which comes around less frequently but is millions of times more tragic.
  • baldwin471
    jim453 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

Just in case post olympics forum members are too euphoric or too dumb to appreciate sarcasm, what I meant to say was...

These kind of threads always produce unbeleivably tragic results. This occasion being no exception.

@. Almost as bad as the 'what clothes are cool' thread which comes around less frequently but is millions of times more tragic.

Why tragic results? Who cares? Some miserable fuckers on this site.
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    jim453 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

A thread that bad you felt the need to return and post again as a second attempt to troll?

tragically it's only you looking like a chump so far. If folk want to have a bit of off topic banter then they should post in the Bottom Bracket............

Oh wait, they have.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    jim453 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

A thread that bad you felt the need to return and post again as a second attempt to troll?

tragically it's only you looking like a chump so far. If folk want to have a bit of off topic banter then they should post in the Bottom Bracket............

Oh wait, they have.

But please no, I missed that one, I am 42 and very confused, "What clothes are cool?????"
    Due to a Ryan air baggage handlers strike I could only take hand luggage on a recent Holiday, Which meant only one pair of Shoes, I brought some Birkenstocks, and I love them, I never wear them with socks, but now every one is taking the piss out of my sandals.

I also do yut service work and have a number of Hoodies, but I get really dissed when I wear them, I am really confused, could someone please please start a Cool Clothes thread.

I had a lovely pair of Farah slacks in my hands today, would have gone well with my Bradley/Fred Perry Polo, surely thats cool?
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    jim453 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

You really are the resident miserable cvnt aren't you?
  • Yellow Peril
    jim453 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

Oh dear, coming back to highlight an overlooked sarcastic post. I think in modern parlance that's a "fail"
    @JaunePeril

• jim453
    jim453 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

Oh dear, coming back to highlight an overlooked sarcastic post. I think in modern parlance that's a "fail"

Agreed, however, after reading my original post back I was very concerned that some would actually mistake it for genuine enthusiasm for the thread. Obviously, I didn't want to risk that.

Anyway, we've not had any of the big guns wading in with the truly pretentious answers yet. I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

Now, where did I put my 'Boards of Canada' CD's etc etc etc
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    Got all my CDs ripped onto a Nas and I now stream it all to a Linn DS - a million times better that farting around with thousands of CDs (and it sounds better)

Top 5 will change daily

Whole Wide World - Wreckless Eric
    I See a Darkness - Bonnie Prince Billy
    Heros - David Bowie
    Final Day - Young Marble Giants
    Lean Woman Blues - T Rex
  • Yellow Peril
    jim453 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

Agreed, however, after reading my original post back I was very concerned that some would actually mistake it for genuine enthusiasm for the thread. Obviously, I didn't want to risk that.

Anyway, we've not had any of the big guns wading in with the truly pretentious answers yet. I'm sure they'll be along shortly.

Now, where did I put my 'Boards of Canada' CD's etc etc etc

Give us your 5 Jim, go on you know you want to...
    @JaunePeril