Fox float 32's anodising worn thru

Fastflo
Fastflo Posts: 45
edited August 2012 in MTB general
Worn out my fork leg on my float 32 rlc 140mm with 15QR and 1 and 1/8th steerer

Mojo offer new kash stantions and leg rebush but £300+ pricey although new 2013 forks £738

Cant find any new old stock or take off's etc on ebay

any suggestions?????

bike 2009 Lapierre Zesty

cheers

Comments

• Adotparker
    Adotparker Posts: 128
    Unless your a pro..... Kashima really is for bling, the average rider wouldn't really benefit..... i'd save up for some more standard fox 140mm 32 fit rl's or something similar.....
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Same here.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    And me. Rev for that money.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Adotparker wrote:
    Unless your a pro..... Kashima really is for bling, the average rider wouldn't really benefit..... i'd save up for some more standard fox 140mm 32 fit rl's or something similar.....

Rubbish, any rider can notice the difference, and my fox's feel 10 times better than my revs
  • supersonic
    When fully bedded in I can't say Fox is any smoother than RS - the latter impregnate teflon into their anodising, which is the most slippery stuff you can get!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    supersonic wrote:
    When fully bedded in I can't say Fox is any smoother than RS - the latter impregnate teflon into their anodising, which is the most slippery stuff you can get!

I just have a thing about the feel of rs forks, it always feels like im riding on the air spring rather than the damper if you get what I mean, where as the foxs feel much nicer and more controlled. They are also easier to set up, no more expensive to service, and in my experience more reliable. Have seen many cases of the worn stanchions, but other than some kind of manufacturing defect with my original kashima uppers, which I never noticed, have had no issues with wear or loss of performance.
  • supersonic
    The dampers are a lot tighter in FIT forks as the thing is so small. Easier to set up can mean less adjustment to some ;-)

Either way, when set up to your liking, both perform as well as each other, model for model, IMO. But RS are usually a lot cheaper, and same for spares too.