Carbon frames - just lighter or more comfortable?

2»

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    There's confusion too between the HDMI 'standards' and HDMI cables. A 1.3 cable for example supports all the features of 1.4 HDMI with the exception of Ethernet down the wire which most people don't need. But a shop will be happy to tell you that you need their £100 1.4 spec cable to get 3D (part of the HDMI 1.4 'standard', but probably works fine even on 1.2).

**head explodes**

I'll stick to knowing about bike parts and their weights :-)
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    jairaj wrote:
    I got caught up in the audiophile world when I was younger. Thankfully I realised it was all rubbish well before I got to the level of directional cables.
    jairaj wrote:
    oh I'm not arguing vinyl sounds better it certainly does,
    Go and slap yourself in the face really hard, with a toffee hammer.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    ouch! What did you make me do that for?!! :cry:

OK maybe "better" was the wrong word. CDs have more clarity and there is no fuzzy pops etc. but vinyl sounds nicer. I like the warm, smooth sound it produces. Although that might because every time I heard a record player it was playing some smooth Jazz which suits that tonal balance? (do you think my elder male cousin was trying to seduce me? :lol: ) Maybe if I heard something more upbeat I wouldn't have been so impressed.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Ok, lump hammer.
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    deadkenny wrote:
    confusion too between the HDMI 'standards' and HDMI cables.

as demonstrated in your post? there is only "standard" & "high speed" these days (either with or without ethernet). 3d mandates a high speed.

oh, and the automotive cable, which has a different plug and can't do ethernet.

I have loads more useless facts about hdmi if you're having trouble getting to sleep...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't even know what HDMI is. Or care really.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I love a thread that goes off at a tangent!

I should have said I was asking about a carbon or alloy version of the same frame, such as a spesh camber or epic.

Wonder where this thread will go now?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Read the bit on the new treks in the MTB s tion on here. Explains it.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... 7-12-46467
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just wait until Di2 style stuff takes off with MTB and we'll be discussing the qualities of various bits of electrical wire for our bikes and how mud effects the flow of electrons to the mech. Maybe they can make HDMI cables for it, powers the mech, supplies you with MP3s and networks up the smartphone so Strava can see what gear you're in and what music you're listening to while you thrash those segments.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    deadkenny wrote:
    Just wait until Di2 style stuff takes off with MTB and we'll be discussing the qualities of various bits of electrical wire for our bikes and how mud effects the flow of electrons to the mech. Maybe they can make HDMI cables for it, powers the mech, supplies you with MP3s and networks up the smartphone so Strava can see what gear you're in and what music you're listening to while you thrash those segments.
    Sadly, Endomondo already knows what music you're listening to :shock:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I will go as far as music that was originally mixed for Vinyl sounds nicer that on CD, However, if you have the same track and put an identical version on any sort if media then most will not be able to tell...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Except you can, since the signal to noise on vinyl is atrocious, and it's very intolerant of a nice wide stereo image, particularly in the lower frequencies. So, masters for vinyl were compressed to hell and back - almost as much as modern music in fact.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I miss my gramophone
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    @yehaa - huh, did nt know that....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver